cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

37 Jobs Lost

Steve
Seasoned Pro

37 Jobs Lost

That is what will be lost when my local co-op store closes down later this year. In its place? An Aldi. Tesco better lookout my local store is about to get some competition. Really disappointed with the cooperative closing though. Looks like Aldi really is branching out, i wonder what that will do to my local Lidl Undecided
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: 37 Jobs Lost

The local tesco here used to be a co-op store, a replacement for the old co-op that now resides at Beamish, but anyway, co-op have just fudged themselves up over the past 30 years, it'll be a surprise if they still exist in another 30 years time...
It'd be nice if the local tesco closed and it got turned into an Aldi, or Lidl, or something that isn't te$co, but we shall see... Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Aldi run with a lot less staff and and the checkouts get you through at least twice as quickly.
At our cottage in Skelton in Cleveland we have a local Co-op and my impression was that it is run for the benefit of the staff. Are they a mutual like John Lewis?
I think Darwin would have something to say about survival  M S  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: M
Looks like Aldi really is branching out, i wonder what that will do to my local Lidl Undecided

Quite frankly i wouldn't worry about them. LIDL are the equivalent of filth if you ask me. The local one damaged our car, denied it happened (until i proved it) then denied liability, then passed it to their insurers who basically tried to slash the cost of the repairs that had been paid for by us.
Then there was the time the manager shouted at me in front of all his customers for pointing out the error in pricing on one of their goods...
Stuff em!
LIDL: Little Idiotic Demeaning Loosers
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

You seem to have had problems with a number of supermarkets. Is there one you like?
Community Veteran

The ones that don't attempt to wind up their customers! Wink
Currently these are:
Sainsburys
Waitrose
Aldi
I think thats more than one that i like... so not all bad eh artmo?
On the neutral list: Morrisons, Iceland
I do have issues with Tesco, ASDA, LIDL.
gswindale
Grafter

Co-Op is too expensive for me as a convenience store - Budgens etc seem to be somewhat cheaper.
Tesco/Sainsburys/Waitrose I have no problems with
Lidl - not local.  Aldi is a pain to get to as is Morrisons (distinct lack of parking there!)
I would not touch Iceland with a Bargepole - for reasons that I am not able to go into on a public forum - but related to my issues with Barnardos!
Community Veteran

I use Tesco and Sainsbury's, both are convenient for me. They carry a good range of product at good prices.
Community Veteran

I do find the service at Sainsburys to be very good - up there with Waitrose infact.