Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2CV.... Cheap Motor ? ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

2CV.... Cheap Motor ? ?

Not anymore.... !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-4249098/This-Citroen-2CV-expected-sell-65-000.html

Of course... you shouldn`t believe everything you read in the DAILY MAIL  ! ! Cheesy

6 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: 2CV.... Cheap Motor ? ?

I had three of these in my time, in fact I once had two at the same time - one was left hand drive. Loads of fun, and many happy memories but yes, they have gone rather silly with prices. Did you not see my link to those Citroën Méhari's?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Can't see it getting anywhere near that.

You could buy a damn good Morris 1000 Traveller for that price.Smiley

Plenty of different cars have limited special models.

I suppose that was one I was following the other day. A MGB GT V8 don't see many of them around now, if ever.

Minivanman
Hero

Was that the one with the Rover engine.

I had an MGB before I was married (usual story) and remember the MGC which had I think an oversized and over heavy as it turned out straight six engine. They had a little lump on the bonnet?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've been watching the prices of 2CVs going up over the past 15 years, and I could well believe that one of the trans-sahara 2CVs being sold for that much as they achieved something that most cars today wouldn't survive, or would repeatedly break down with "Computer sez no" faults... Grin

As for £65k, well, we shall see, could be a lot higher as them twin-engined 2CVs are highly sought after...

Minivanman
Hero

As are those 2CV vans for some reason, rarity perhaps. I nearly bought one in France a few years back but he must have seen me coming because even though it was a 1960s wreck, the guy wanted a couple of thousand euro's for it.

At a guess and quite honestly without checking I'd reckon a 2CV with a better than decent subframe (I replaced one on one of mine) would set you back at least £5k, or am I in the wrong ballpark?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Most 2CVs these days have had their chassis replaced with a new galvanised one (or at least a decent quality painted one), it's the bodywork that is the sticking point these days, but there's plenty of people in the country who supply body panels and can rebuild 2CVs to the owners specifications... Smiley

As for prices to buy one, between a grand for a bit of a tatty one up to £10k for a well-restored, low-mileage example, and of course higher for rare versions, but the average prices for ready to go 2CVs is about £2-3k...