cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 days is up...

Fixes: 124

28 days is up...

Having paid the £109.99 by credit card last month for a repair on the washing machine that I cancelled two days later I was told that the amount would be repaid within 28 days but, most likely, much sooner.
Well, the 'within 28' days is up and no sign of the refund. The credit card company can't help as it appears that the transaction doesn't come under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit act as I cancelled the service rather than the company simply not providing it.
So, my question is thus:
The interest charged, so far, by the credit card is around £1.28. Not a lot but there's a principal at stake as Hotpoint have had the benefit of that money. Do you think it's worth pursuing Hotpoint in covering the interest charged?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES
WTF
Grafter

Re: 28 days is up...

You should at least write to them - maybe via e-mail so you don't have to pay a further 62p for a stamp - and let them know you expect them to also pay the interest since their failure cost the money.
There's probably a reasonable chance they'll pay.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If you don`t ask......... you don`t get.....
Go for it... hit `em hard !  Cheesy

Hotpoint don't make it easy.
Haven't found an email address to send to just an on-line form which, when I click submit, I constantly get:
Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method. - See more at: http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/contact-us/#sthash.tswTNc2b.dpuf

The link supplied just takes me back to the failed form but requiring all details to be re-entered which I have done with the same result.
Ggggrrrrrrrrrr Sad

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

try Internet Explorer assuming that you normally use Firefox or Chrome
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

and if you use IE make sure cookies are enabled  and check you don't have that site set to blocked .......mine auto blocked stuff when it was in enhanced protected mode forcing me to modify all the website rules from blocked to allowed ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

Same result with Chrome and IE (all latest versions and cookies enabled) as with FF Angry
I have filled in other on-line contact forms without issue recently so, perhaps, it's just a temporary issue.
I could ring but because I refuse to use the direct 0844 number I end up getting transferred through several departments till I get the correct one. Then I don't have a record my end of the conversation (although I could put the phone on speaker and record it).

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If you ring up.... just ask for an email address, or the full postal address.... tell them the site is down, and that you need to contact the customer service manager.... but don`t go into details.... they are not the customer service manager .....
this page lists non 08 numbers for hotpoint    ... http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php  note... it says that there is a menu.... but hold for the switchboard.....
scrolling down the page shows some 0800 numbers and the departments/comments from other users

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I tried the alternative numbers from sayno... and that's when I started to go round in circles before finally getting through to the correct department.
Just rang again and finally got put through to the switch board who gave me the service centre's email address. Email duly sent and will wait result.
When you try to connect to the Service Centre via any geographical numbers you simply get a message to ring the 0844 number. Can't see why it just can't be redirected automatically. Unless, of course, they make more money...
Edit: Just received an automated response to the email that I should receive a reply with 5 days. Shall I open a book  Cheesy
Of course, they kindly let me know that if I want a quicker response I can ring 0844... Angry

When I got home this evening there was a message from Hotpoint apologising for the delay but the credit note had not yet been raised. I was assured it has now and the refund is being processed.
He also said a cheque for £10 as an apology is on it way. Why couldn't that be added to the £109.99 and posted together Roll eyes

Fixes: 104

different account / accounting procedure .. good news though Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks

Received the cheque yesterday but it was made out to Mrs S <surname>. As there isn't an account in that name and the cheque is crossed I can't pay it in. Now I have to return it with a note explaining that it needs to be re-issued in the correct name Roll eyes
On the positive side the refund of £109.99 has appeared on my credit card. It's dated 2/6/14 - the day that I initially paid. Hopefully that means I won't be charged any interest.
As an aside, considering I was told last week that the original refund hadn't been actioned and that it was finally actioned on 4th and I received it 4 working days later it seems to indicate the point that they must deliberately hold these refunds back to make some interest.

WTF
Grafter

Glad it's all working out, at least