Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 ISPA Awards

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

2016 ISPA Awards

I dosnt look like PN are going to pick up so many awards this year , they may get spoon whitler award for best TV advert

and not listed for best customer service

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7407-shortlists-for-2016-ispa-awards-announced.html

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: 2016 ISPA Awards

I feel for the PN employees who we know and deal with on the forums.  They know what is happening as well as we do and they can't say anything. Must be very galling to join a good company and see it deteriorate before your eyes  

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Plusnet only shortlisted in one category - Best Consumer Fixed Broadband. Frankly I'm surprised it's listed at all, this has been totally predictable Sad

I too feel for all the staff that I do/have interacted with on this forum who I know feel passionately about providing an excellent service.

The cause of all this is of course incompetent management, starting with the CEO whose only interest it would seem is to increase customer numbers with outrageous offers and the rest of us suffer the consequences.

Community Veteran

Great another pat each other on the back ceremony.

With the unwarranted rising price of landlines people should expect good service and things to work all the time.

There is no surprisingly good service from a cut price provider to judge anymore.

It's all much the sameness.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I wonder if they will change this homepage now Roll eyes  https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/awards/ 

like most have said here its not the staff around here , cheers lads Thumbs Up  But the chiefs upstairs have a lot to answer for

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Link fixed.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ay up rongtw.... this is what shows.... when clicking your linky ! ! ! 

Well, this is embarrassing...

That page doesn't seem to exist or has moved.

Check you've not made a typo (it happens to the best of us), try using the navigation bar, or choose one of the links below:

Cheesy

Need we say more  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?   

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

OOOOps someone ran off with the Old award cabinets

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Rongtw linky works fine for me @shutter  ? 

M

Community Veteran

Everything seems to be about money these days and I guess with all the competition about the company offering the best deal is likely to get more customers often at the expense of it's rivals.

As to whether or not the cheapest is the best deal when taking into consideration service and support is another matter.

PN are in the same boat as every other company the CEO has to increase profits which means attracting new customers and that comes down to the adverts in most cases.

Equally those staff dealing with customers are under pressure to retain existing customers and offer a good support service and my own contact with PN staff has always been excellent.

Basically everyone in every company has a job to do and most or under a lot of pressure to get it done and done as quickly as possible.

It is sad to see PN slipping down the charts and clearly there appears to be a number of customers having various problems as can be seen from other sections of the forums but equally what is the answer ? If you offer the lowest price and provide fantastic service to customers by increasing staffing levels and training along with paying the compulsory minimum wage I guess you will not stay in business very long.

Community Veteran

The answer gleneagles would have been to have increased the staff levels in proportion and in anticipation of the increased customer base, they would then not have had the huge backlog of faults and other issues which they now have with the consequential wait times for ANY customer service, never mind fault repair.

Staff training at first line seems to have got worse, with the number of either ignorant or BS responses people are being given where I really do wonder if some of them just make up an answer because they don't know and their training hasn't provided them with the relevant information.

The other primary problem is the performance of Openreach and BTw, neither of which does the Plusnet CEO appear to have done anything about as it certainly hasn't got better, in fact it's got worse.
It's just not the number of faults that are an issue, it's the way they are dealt with and the working practises that the engineers are being forced to work under these days.

Fixes: 47

MauriceC wrote:

That's because I went back in time and fixed it Wink

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yep, I was getting a 404 Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

MauriceC wrote:

M

Yup... working ok now ! ! ..Cheesy

Community Veteran

@Anotherone

I suspectvthe CEO has done little or nothing regards of Openreach & BT simply because he is not in a position to do so.

PN have no option but to use Openreach and PN are a branch of BT and hardly in a position to influence them.

As you say additional staff along with good training courses might seem to be the way to go but these things cost money thus reducing profits.

The question senior PN staff will consider is, 'Are we getting more customers than we are losing .?' If the answer is yes and this tallies with an increase in profit then that must be the way to go

Not that I agree with that but guess it's what many CEO's and their staff think, plenty of other large companies are the same and despite criticism continue along the same lines.

Community Veteran

I suspectvthe CEO has done little or nothing regards of Openreach & BT simply because he is not in a position to do so

Do you seriously believe that? If that were true it would most likely be because he has been ordered not to rock the boat Huh It's because he doesn't appear to have done anything that I keep telling people to  complain to OFCOM about whoever is to  blame when things go badly wrong.