cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£2 coin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

£2 coin

I handle lots of coins in my job, and today I was given an isle of Man, £2 coin.
On closer examination it has no inscription round the edge - just milling.
I thought this odd so googled it, butt cannot find anything to tell me whether this is correct or not.  I can find information about the isle of Man £1 coins, but berry little about the £2 coins.
So can someone check their pockets pear and see if the isle of man £2 coin, 1998 vintage car £2 commemorative coin has an inscription please?
It's a long shot, but I'm at work and googling is somewhat slow and painful on a phone.  Cheesy
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: £2 coin

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manx_pound
Unlike the UK equivalent, the Manx one pound coin does not bear an edge inscription; instead, the edges are partly milled and partly plain in alternating bands.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran

@W23... Thanks,I saw that site and read that but it seems to be about £1 coins. So didn't really clarify things. Huh
@ OJ... Thanks that seems to be a little clearer. I did look on eBay, and on some of the pictures they look like they do have an inscription. Whatever the truth, I don't expect I can retire early on that coin (unless I buy a winning lottery ticket with it).  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: doris
I saw that site and read that but it seems to be about £1 coins. So didn't really clarify things.

I didn't read it properly  Embarrassed  Glad you got better info from the older and wiser...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Older AND wiser...nothing like sweetening a bitter pill... Grin
Serially though, an really grateful for the info guys. Methinks OJ is like me, inasmuch as if something piques my interest I MUST FIND OUT..... Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

YUP
As an aside - I agree about the older but not the wiser as I used to know far more when I was younger (at least that was what I thought at the time  Roll eyes )
Community Veteran

I don't think it is that you knew more, it's that you didn't forget so much Wink