Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 minutes to answer a ticket - how things change :o

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

15 minutes to answer a ticket - how things change :o

Stumbled across this when looking for something else
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96768.msg816780.html#msg816780
Nowadays, judging by posts on this forum, a ticket gets answered after 48 hours, if you are lucky - then you are told you'll have to wait 72 hours before they do anything (I'm paraphrasing people's interpretation by the way), then an agent (who hasn't a clue what he/she is doing)  responds with " we've asked our suppliers to turn on interleaving" when of course it's already on (remember you'd just asked for your Current Line Speed to be upped to match the BT IP Profile), and next you are told that you'll be fined £50 if you aren't home when the engineer comes - which of course ends up as a no show  Huh
PS. Just in case anyone misses the point, some poetic licence has been used in the writing of this post, and we are all grateful for the efforts of members of the DCT who frequent the forum who unfortunately seem to have to spend a lot of time swimming upstream  Crazy
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: 15 minutes to answer a ticket - how things change :o

More a load of rubbish then poetic licence from my experience recently
Ticket raised to match BT IP profile 10.29
Done 17.21 same day
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps the subject matter is linked to the response time ? eg if Plusnet need to contact another department or agency such as BT.
Most of my queries have been responded to within a short time frame. On 2 occasions Plusnet actually phoned me reqarding separate queries I had raised a ticket about, so from a personal point of view I have had no problems that have not been dealt with fairly quickly.
Community Veteran

Jim, it's not a load of rubbish, there may be some tongue in cheek there, however what some people tell me that they've had put on their tickets, and what some of the posts on this forum have to say, do not paint a pretty picture.
Jim, you were obviously lucky with your ticket, other have not been as lucky.
Community Veteran

You are mixing up Fault Reports and straightforward tickets - the 72 hours is specific to fault reports
Community Veteran

Stop being so damn serious Jim, this was a slightly tongue in cheek remark as a result of me finding the post referred in the OP which is why I put it here in Chit-Chat and it's all based on comments that have been put on people's tickets. If I wanted to make a really serious point about ticket responses I'd have collated the evidence and posted in Feedback  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Frankly whether it is in Chit Chat or not it is an unwarranted statement not based on facts and could easily be taken by other relatively new posters or people thinking of joining Plusnet as being factually correct which could turn potential customers off Plusnet
In my opinion the fact that it is being made by a Bright Spark and someone who has made many posts helping other customers just makes it worse.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Oldjim

Frankly whether it is in Chit Chat or not it is an unwarranted statement not based on facts

(my bold)
which was confirmed twice by the OP... firstly in his "P.S" on the original post.... and secondly in his prior post....

and could easily be taken by other relatively new posters or people thinking of joining Plusnet as being factually correct which could turn potential customers off Plusnet

There are plenty of cases in the "Feedback" forum section that could do that......
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@ Purleigh....... perhaps they should try this...... 
Community Veteran

I think this is nearer the truth !  - 
>
  Grin
Community Veteran

Frankly whether it is in Chit Chat or not it is an unwarranted statement not based on facts and could easily be taken by other relatively new posters or people thinking of joining Plusnet as being factually correct which could turn potential customers off Plusnet
In my opinion the fact that it is being made by a Bright Spark and someone who has made many posts helping other customers just makes it worse.

As shutter said Jim, go and read the Feedback board. It's quite obvious I'm having a bit of a mick take and the only reason you are here making an issue of it is because you want to have a go at me.
harps1h
Grafter

I miss JoJo  Angry
Community Veteran

Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

With the greatest of respect to both specific moderators and bright sparks, I think a post titled '15 minutes to answer a ticket...' is most likely to be seen by new viewers as 'surprisingly positive' and unlikely to show Plusnet in a bad light.  The OP was explained as being' tongue in cheek' and there are many far worse posts actually attacking PN (also open to public scrutiny).
Sure they're not perfect but the vast majority of their customers probably rate them as 'pretty good' an this is often reflected in the final outcome of posts that start very negatively.
As a relative 'regular' I understand where the OP is coming from and I do not think there is any need to worry about this post.
Some ISP forums would 'remove' such posts if deemed against their interest, one thing I love about Plusnet is the lack of 'censorship' on these forums (other than that necessary to maintain public decency) our moderators are possibly the best of any I have encountered (even if I don't agree with them in every case) - keep up the good great work!
@Purleigh, is that a genuine 'JoJo'?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.