cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 days of Christmas

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

12 days of Christmas

Now this is one that will really date you.
Back in the days of B&W TV, several years running, usually late on Christmas eve one of the companies around then but probably the BBC but might have been ITV, screened a parody of the traditional song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" where an ardent romantic young man presented his paramour with all the items in the song...each day which she tried to find room for in her house, each day the entire verse for the day was presented, which rapidly filled the house with pipers piping, maids-a-milking etc. By the end of the 12 days the walls were bulging.
Does anybody else remember this very funny programme? I've been searching around Google without success, finding many versions of the song (some you wouldn't want to show your grandmother) but not this one. I've an idea ticking away in the back of my memory it was actually called something like "My True Love Gave to Me" but may be quite wrong about this.
I believe it was screened at least once during the 80's or 90's but I've not heard of it since.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: 12 days of Christmas

Pssst! don't look now but, pierre hasn't replied to this one...does this mean he's been beaten?
If so I take it upon myself to award him the coveted title of..."Damp Squib"

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no I replied on one of the other threads, Said on sad days I listened to Magic FM on either fresat or Freeviiew, Jelv listened via Broadband
will this do http://www.theunion.com/article/20081226/ARCHIVES01/812259977/1054/RSS
Community Veteran

Er! no pierre, thats not what I was looking for at all, but keep trying, I know you can do it...
Probably screened during the 70's, I recall watching it at least once it with my ex-wife, we married in 1968 and divorced in 1972, but I'd seen it several years before that with my parents, which should tie down some dates a bit. most certainly broadcast with 405 line technology.

Community Veteran

I remember it well but can't help with the source.
Community Veteran

@artmo, ta! at least there's two of us who have seen it...or three if you include my ex.

Javert
Grafter

Quote from: Petlew
@artmo, ta! at least there's two of us who have seen it...or three if you include my ex.

Ah yes, I remember it well!  (To quote a famous song).
John

pierre_pierre
Grafter

pierre_pierre
Grafter

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Oh Dear Petlew,  what have you done?    Roll eyes 
Pierre is working overtime, and he as a bad cold too !. Cry
Community Veteran

He's doing wonders for his post count though Wink Wink
Community Veteran

Yeah!  We`ll never catch him !.. Cry Cry Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

OK I am a happy buddy, got what I wanted on the BBYW ofers?  Nudge Nudge wink wink
I liked the last of my posting, lots of memories on that
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
I remember it well but can't help with the source.

If you "rememeber it well"..... why can`t you remember if it had adverts in it or not !.... Undecided
If you could remember that, then I am sure Pierre will be able to use his crystal ball to delve deeply into googles lockers and retrieve a reference linky for it ......
Roll eyes