103.88mb! download mobile speed

Not bad at all for a mobile internet speed. 4g+
Excellent!
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: 103.88mb! download mobile speed

What network?

I achieved 46mbps once (Tesco) during the day but never managed to repeat it lol. That said, my upload speeds are better than plusnet!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Vodafone
Excellent!
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

yeah i get good speeds with 3 on 4g but its only unlimited threw my handset and then i have 30gb i can tether shame its not unlimited data threw tethering

Community Veteran

Yeah three can be a bit nasty about tethering, on payg they don't allow it at all which seems odd considering the tariff is so much steeper.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I remember Three's "All you can eat" mobile data package, unlimited mobile data, unlimited tethering data, and unlimited texts & calls, I used that pretty much all the time for my internet needs (no different to how I use my PN internet), then the serial downloaders just took the piddle out of it (torrenting, mostly) and Three made the decision to not block the mis-users (after all, they had a fair-use policy in the contract that the serial downloaders were breaching!!!) and just took the unlimited tethering away for everyone, part of the reason I ended up signing up for PN's "fibre"...

Shame really, just did a speedtest on my phone, and in the middle of the house upstairs, I get about 50Mb down, 30Mb up (outdoors it's been as high as 95/32!), it's the Upload speeds I want, being the occasional youtuber, upload is essential, the trickle that is "up to" 10Mbps (usually at most 8Mbps) on PN is paltry in comparison, but I have no option to get a faster upload service at a reasonable cost...

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

yeah i used to be on that contract with 3 my son still is i get unlimited data but i can only tether 30gb of it now

Community Veteran

Yeah like you i find my phone uploads faster than plusnet. I can see why PN do it - it's so that they don't get small businesses taking the mick and cheating them of revenue by hosting their own services etc but at the same time, being able to upload to sites like youtube, facebook, vimeo etc is considered crucial for many people today.

I needed to upload a 330mb file to my website a while back. Using plusnet the FTP server kept timing out once it hit 5 mins and disconnecting the upload. I tried repeatedly but it just wasn't going to play ball. Despite my anti-RF-EM attitude I eventually went out in the car to ASDA at about 1am and left my 4G phone in the car uploading it. Needless to say that was successful.