cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

The Freephone number to call NS&I is 08085 007 007

I queried this number when I rang them this morning....

They confirmed the number is..... 007 007.........

Because they do Bonds !!

Someone has a sense of humour.

I also confirmed that unlike Banks & other financial Institutions, every £ invested with them is Guaranteed, by HM Treasury.

So covered for £Millions invested, if you have that to invest.

Currently, they have about the best savings rates at the moment...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-3939856/National-Savings-Investments-income-cash-Isa...

Even so, rates are quite low at the moment....

But unlike Tesco, every little helps.

And way more secure.

9 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: 007

At one time in the distant past I ran a small television repair shop (remember those?) and when we first opened for business I asked the telephone company if we could have an "easily remembered" number and was told quite categorically that it was not a service they provided and that anyway, it would be quite impossible.

Big company money talks a different language I guess.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Infinity
Pro

When I first joined Plusnet, I was given the option to choose my new main personal home telephone number from a selection.

I chose a memorable, easy to remember one.

But, as I never ring myself, I can never remember it !!!

It's only given out to a select few anyway.

My secondary mobiles, which are sometimes given out, but mostly stored unused PAYG to keep the numbers active, again I was able to choose when a new Mobile provider started up.

I have xxxx x 234567, yyyy y 234567, zzzz z 456789.

Perhaps I'll mainstream them one day.

(and before you ask..... the silly answer is  Wife, Mistress, Girlfriend)

Not really !

The businesses, not with Plusnet, are all Freephone memorable numbers.

Infinity
Pro

Infinity wrote:

When I first joined Plusnet, I was given the option to choose my new main personal home telephone number from a selection.

I chose a memorable, easy to remember one.

To clarify...

When I first joined Plusnet, I requested an Ex- Directory CLI withheld number, but for some reason this did not happen, I was given a generic number with no XD & NO CLI withheld.

I took this up with PN, and I was subsequently contacted by BT.

The very nice Lady I spoke to, did offer a choice of numbers, the one I chose had been assigned to a local business, that had ceased trading 6 months earlier, hence the memorable number.

She did warn me I may receive a few calls for that business, which I did, but no more than 4 in the first couple of months, and none since.

Minivanman
Hero

I'm puzzled as to why plusnet would offer such a sweeter to an employee and not to a paying customer, but that's the way of the world I guess.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 121

I may be wrong but I don't think the OP stated he was a Plusnet employee just that he joined Plusnet (as a customer, I presume).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Hero

Then I assumed wrong, but still puzzled (that being the case) why we have never heard of such a service being on offer, or did I miss it?

Fixes: 121

I seem to remember SWMBO being offered a list of a hundred or more numbers to choose from when with O2 some years ago. Even then she couldn't find a number she likedRoll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Hero

Hmm, now you mention it Mav I do seem to recall that a good while back and before it became known as BT we were offered a choice of numbers but as you say, they were not that attractive.

Infinity
Pro

Mav wrote:

I may be wrong but I don't think the OP stated he was a Plusnet employee just that he joined Plusnet (as a customer, I presume).

Yes, I joined PN as a customer.

And I only received the offer of a choice of numbers, by BT, because I kicked up a fuss about not being given the product I ordered.

Regarding the mobile memorable numbers, when a new Mobile provider started up, you could enter a series of numbers & see what was available.

so.... 234567 and 456789 were entered, after 123456 etc n/a

That provider no longer exists, but I had since transferred the memorable numbers to another provider.