Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox live gaming is extremely laggy. Please Help

nseaman
Grafter

xbox live gaming is extremely laggy. Please Help

Hi all
I have the option 2 package
I set up my xbox with the wireless adapter and found the games unplayable... I moved my xbox to the top of my tv cabinet and it solved the issue..
Tonight the xbox is on top of the cabinet and all games are unplayable again due to the lag
Anyone got any ideas or any tips in a non technical format so i can understand please
My old set up was .5mb broadband wireless to my laptop and then an ethernet cable from my laptop to the xbox and this worked ten times better with ORANGE broadband lol
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: xbox live gaming is extremely laggy. Please Help

Back again i see.
well all i can surrgest is to check your port forwarding.
and go back to your old setup and see if thats fine still. if thats still laggy then move on to your connection to find whats up.
have you got interleaving turned on or off. if you have never raised a ticket to turn it off then your most defently on interleaved this will cause higher pings but a more stable connection if your lines long.
when you do a network test on the xbox what does the NAT test come back as. open,moderate or strict?
p.s played grid from 9pm till 1am this evening on ethernet cable to router and perfect
nseaman
Grafter

I tried it with ethernet cable... i knew it would be better but i have to plug it in everytime i want to play lol
Got to get a good quality longer ethernet cable and i should be sorted
Seems like the wireless adapter is rubbish unless next to the router lol... then that defeats the object of having the wireless adapter lol
Unless i have a dodgy one...?
I tried ringing PN about the issues but i managed to get through to a rather arrogant chap who just said he couldnt discuss anything as long as the internet was running ok
Quality support PN !!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you cant really blame the CSV man, Just looked back at your posting, lots of moans but no evidence of what line speed you are actually getting. if you speed is ok as far as the CSV are concerned you havnt got a problem
scootie
Grafter

to right all pn customer services are there for is any problems with your connection and stops at your router to a certain degree.
they dont even have to help you with configing your pc to the right settings to get it to use the internet but have know lots of cases where they do help customers fixing problems with peoples computers so they can acess the internet.
as for your problem with the xbox wireless adapter. i surrgest you ring microsoft help line and see how much limited information they even have on there own products.
all i can say is when using my xbox over ethernet every thing is fine and when i use my pc's wireless like u use to. i have the odd jump when online racing but do not get dissconected. my self to get such good results using my pc as the wireless adpapter i had to google for a couple of days to find soultions to problems i was having getting my nat to open on the xbox test. solution came from changing from ics to bridged. and using wlan optimizer on vista to stop vista scanning for routers every 30 seconds which gave a jump in ping times.
google google google and google some more there is a world of information out there. just be clever in what you put in goole search box and you will find the inforamation to your problem. dont expect a customer service op to have the solution ready for you.
edit. you didnt even answer this question i asked you. so how do you think people on this forum can help you find the problem.
when you do a network test on the xbox what does the NAT test come back as. open,moderate or strict?
if comes back as mod or strict you need to look at port forwarding or any other problems as to why your router can not send traffic to your xbox directly
edit 2. forget that question about the nat test i see you answered that question in the 1st or 2nd theard you have started about this problem. starting new theards about the same problem is just going to make it harder for your self to get people to fix the problem for you.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Moderators Note
@ the OP
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a thread here which I have just moved from the community support section to this forum area.
I'd also like to make a friendly request that you don't cross-post across the forums as this can make life very confusing for all concerned.
Therefore, I'm locking this thread in favour of the previously mentioned thread.