cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox 360 wont connect to thomson TG585 V8, help

carriecox

xbox 360 wont connect to thomson TG585 V8, help

hi, im trying to connect my Xbox to my Thomson router for the first time and it wont connect, i know the Ethernet cable works as i have used it on my PC and i used it for my Xbox on my friends router and i connected fine.
i have the old Xbox 360 elite and i know its not the problem as i have connected recently at my mates house, but i have reset network settings to factory setting and done the installation process on my Xbox with no luck, the Xbox wont connect to the network no matter what, has anyone ever had this problem before and could maybe help me out please?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: xbox 360 wont connect to thomson TG585 V8, help

Hi there,
does your xbox pick up the SSID of the router? (usually "Plusnet Wireless") just wondering if the console is finding the router or if the issue is more to do with authentication.
Is your PC able to connect to the router through wireless?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
carriecox

no my Xbox isn't picking anything up, it picked up the ip earlier but i restarted the router and the Xbox and now its not picking anything up at all, im using an Ethernet cable as i don't have a wireless Xbox adapter but the wireless is on, im on the wireless on my iPhone and on another Ethernet cable on my PC, i have tried turning the wireless off and unplugged my PC then restarted again but its still not showing on my xbox
it comes up with an ip address but it starts in 196 which means that DHCP is not turned on according to Microsoft, anyone know how to turn it on on a thomson router? google doesnt help much

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have you recently updated the dashboard by any chance? Since updating to this latest kinect-based windows 7 phone lookalike flavour I've needed to turn the xbox on then pull the ethernet cable out and in again - then it picks up the connection.
Seems there's a few people having XBL/connectivity issues with this latest update from a quick google.