cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox 360 NAT settings

jlpappin
Grafter

xbox 360 NAT settings

Does anyone out there have a Netgear DG384 and have open xbox 360 NAT settings. All I get can get is moderate and thus can't join half the games I try to enter. It is really doing my head in. I tried UPnP on and off, allowing everything through the firewall for that xbox IP, putting my xbox on a DMZ with a static IP, port forwarding and still it says moderate. I just dont know what else I can do.
3 REPLIES 3
Grff
Grafter

Re: xbox 360 NAT settings

I've got DG834PN rangmax router and mine is OPEN.
I'm not sure exactly what model of DG834 router you've got, but if it's got uPNP (and it's enabled) you should be ok.
If you are still having problems, try setting your router to port forward these ports (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874) to your xbox's ip addresses.
Also, even though the XBOX is set to DHCP, I still reserved an IP in the router so it gets the same IP all the time.  If you are port forwarding you may need to reserve an ip number for your xbox so that it always gets the same ip and the port forwards always go to your xbox.
jlpappin
Grafter

I decided to just delete everything I did on the router. Just leave UPnP, let DHCP do it's thing and delete all firewall rules. It just opened it up. So sweet. Thanks for your help.
orico
Dabbler

Quote from: Griff
I've got DG834PN rangmax router and mine is OPEN.
I'm not sure exactly what model of DG834 router you've got, but if it's got uPNP (and it's enabled) you should be ok.
If you are still having problems, try setting your router to port forward these ports (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874) to your xbox's ip addresses.
Also, even though the XBOX is set to DHCP, I still reserved an IP in the router so it gets the same IP all the time.  If you are port forwarding you may need to reserve an ip number for your xbox so that it always gets the same ip and the port forwards always go to your xbox.

just bought this router and had same problem , the port opening method woked for me