cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xBox 360 wireless connection

BexnMark
Dabbler

xBox 360 wireless connection

Can anyone tell me whether we need a minimum speed from our connection before we can successfully connect XBox 360 via wireless adapter?  We've tried everything including lengthy conversations with XBox and PlusNet; followed the set up guidelines on this site and still it wont connect.... PlusNet have confirmed that all ports are free from blockage; XBox recommended Portforward.com - but it looked pretty complex.  We are struggling with speed at the minute with PlusNet claim to be investigating (we're back in a 10 day test period), and I've asked them to remove Interleaving from our line as I believe this affects on line gaming.... please can anyone offer advice?  We've been with them a month now and we havent been able to connect successfully. Angry
2 REPLIES 2
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: xBox 360 wireless connection

If you have a TG585V8 router (current PlusNet model), please try changing the wireless settings to b/g only, do not use the 'so-called n' on this router with an XBOX360 wireless (ESPECIALLY if the XBOX has a wifi n adapter).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
BexnMark
Dabbler

Re: xBox 360 wireless connection

Excellent; cheers - it appears to have worked!  15 yr old son bouncing off the walls with glee  Cheesy