cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x box dns server

jakey

x box dns server

does anybody know how to connect x box 360 to internet mine is saying dns server cant resolve names on xbox live servers or x box .com i would be grateful for any advice
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: x box dns server

It might help if you told us how your XBox is connected up to your network, AND list all the network properties in the Xbox network configuration page.  Sad
While I'm not an Xbox expert, I did connect one up last year for someone, and it just worked first time - so I don't think there is anything too tricky (unlike trying to get a reliable connection on a PS2  >:()
jakey

i am connected by a wireless router i dont understand its all weird to me thanks
Revskic
Dabbler

I had the same issues connecting to live.
Also is it the new shape xbox with the built in wi-fi or the old shape one with a wireless adapter .....
Perhaps the suggestions i had in this thread will help you it's all pretty much straight forward buddy.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95726.0.html
Cheers
Alex
jakey

thanks i have found the x box live in the left hand column in the router set up but there is no x box in the other box only my sons pc user defined and a oo number its stilll not going on is it picking up my x box thanks for the advice so far Cool Cool
Revskic
Dabbler

Have you gone into Xbox settings and added your IP into the router settings Jakey ?, When you select Xbox Live in settings you then need to type in the IP address then select save and see if that gets you connected.
Cheers
Alex
jakey

sorry about this youve all been a good help which is the ip number thanks very much Undecided
Revskic
Dabbler

Have you had any Joy with this,
In your Xbox settings it will say IP address then copy that into your router where you select Xbox Live.....
jakey

i will try this thanks could my adapter for the x box be not be compatible thanks it is doing my head in now and plusnet keep fobbing me off when i ask for any advice Crazy