cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which service pack?

whiteshadow
Dabbler

which service pack?

i am currently using plusnet pro for light internet use and gaming on an xbox 360, until recently the 15GB usage allowance was more than enough for my needs, however now with the launch of sky player which i seem to be using quite alot i seem to be going through my allowance pretty quickly. Can i downgrade to the 80GB package? also will this give me the same gaming experience, will i get charged for this and will the sky player work as well on this package? it costs the same for the area i live in for either package so if it wont slow down my connection i may as well have the extra allowance. thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: which service pack?

havent heard any one moan that sky player on xbox is being picked up wrong by PN so that will be fine on preminum. (i dont use it my self)
your gaming will be fine as all xbox traffic uses port 3074 so its an easy one for PN to pick up right, am on unlimited and game on xbox fine even with the 2mb rate cap on gaming.
if your exchange is adsl2+(wbc 21cn) enabled you can have the extra upstream (and downloaded if your close to the exchange) when you order premiunum.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.0.html
but i do find my self pointing this small latency issue out to people about the  adsl2+ network as its only fair to give you the option of waiting for it to be perfect, its only after midnight for around an hour when its at its worse and less when its not so bad but if you look at the very last ping graph on there pcl-ag04 is running ok ish now and plusnet have a internal problem open on this to sort it
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hey whiteshadow ive recently changed to plusnet premium as i too have got the skyplayer now and 15-20gb just wont cut it i think,skyplayers working fine for me on the premium product,buffers at the start but thats cos its getting up and running and then its fine,fine also on my pc,gaming i dont know as not played online much lately but on all plusnets other products it was just dandy,i think ive tried all plusnets products now lol.i will stay with premium now though as its giving full line speed for my gaming which to be honest is no biggy as ive never had trouble playing on the 360 with plusnet on there other products anyway.
Ps plusnet pro now gives you 20gb incase you never knew that
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:which service pack?

Hi there,
As normal Steve and ASBO have given you sound advice. Gaming should be fine on Premium as it's still in the high priority queue.
It's worth noting that we upped the usage allowance on Pro to 20GB recently, not sure if that's enough for you but obviously you are welcome to change to Premium if it's more suited.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
whiteshadow
Dabbler

thanks for the advise guys, had a word with PN but cant swap over for a couple of months yet as i am still contracted to pro at the moment, will give it a go when that runs out, dont think the extra 5GB is gonna cover the amount of on line films i watch but will see how it goes for the next couple of months anyway. not sure if PN are picking up the sky player correctly either, on my usage it is showing as web usage, thought it would be counted towards peer to peer? but is working really well anyway. thanks again for your responses