cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats your thoughts on best multiplayer driving games 4 pc?

scootie
Grafter

the 2 main driven games i play at mo are race driver grid which has lovely graphics and a free one a came across a month ago called project torque which for multiplayer is ace all thoe u do get alot of laggers on the server as its free ( i got this game put on to titanium level bye the way).
Any suggestions on what multiplayer driven games to try out. paid for or free?
33 REPLIES 33
James
Grafter

Re: whats your thoughts on best multiplayer driving games 4 pc?

www.trackmanianations.com
All free and awesome for online play.
freefall

^^ I agree been playing that quite alot actually. So much fun and will have you playing it for hours!
cp:quote
geewizz
Grafter

I like Tiger Wood's Range and Crazy Golfer.
Not applicable

I think they want something a little faster - The two you mention both tend to putt around a bit every now and then - not much vroom you see.

scootie
Grafter

give that one a look tomoro jameseh cheers. just fhinshed a 30  lap thunder alley mode event on project torque came 1st now im stuck waitin for 3 other rounds to take place then i race the top 5 from each round the final which is 4am uk time grrrr. hope the team that runs the game u have told me about is on uk soil might not be late for work if thats the case hehe
geewhiz unless the golf buggy goes above 100mph then i dnt think thats the game for me lol
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Grid Race Driver rocks!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

It's a bit more expensive than my suggestion Cheesy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

But also well worth the money
scootie
Grafter

yes brilliant game race driver grid. had to make dissioun of eating toast for 2 weeks and playing driver or eating like a king.
got to say slice of toast and speeding round donnington race track is worth it.
dnt know why thoe but this free game i found project torque has me hooked at the mo.
so we have big vote for driver grid but i had a big gap of 4 years with out a xbox or pc and only just started gamming again. so is there any oldish pc race games i have missed and worth digging in the bargin bin to find?
savin up for a an ellite now so best get use to diet of toast jus hope i dnt get this red ring rubbish thats y im going for the ellite surpoose to be bit more reliable. never had none of this red ring rubish with my first xbox but surrpose they turned them even more into a pc with the new versions.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hmmm
My first Racing/Rally Game was RAC Rally Championship (DOS)? Cheesy
Gotta love the pixels and Serial port (/ maybe LAN!) Multiplay ... Smiley
Probably in the £1 section of the Pre-Owned / Second Hand bin...
At least you could tune all your equipment before a Race to give the best handeling possible!
It took some skill in basic knowledge around what does what in a Car to win the Race xD
On a more srious note I haven't played a Rally game on PC for ... ages! let alone Multiplayer!
Jim,
Merrick
Grafter

I started playing Need for Speed: Underground 2 again about 3 weeks ago, just for a change from my usual COD4/EVE. Unfortunalty although fully patched it crashes on Vista when loading, changing from the Race/Garage scenes to the open city roams.
This got me so frustrated i did a little research and went out and bought Race Driver GRID. OMG! its awsome. I've played very few racing games, NFS was my first since the TOCA Turing cars on PS2 and F1 on my old Emachine about 10 years ago!
Cant recomend GRID enough. it dont quite have everything i was looking for, being able to upgrade your cars with parts and body kits like NFS, but buying new cars, changing the colours and paterns is there and will do me as the rest of the game is so much fun.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

rFactor is an awesome racing game, has endless mods for different styles of racing and has a massive online community.
http://www.rfactor.net/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lmsl49

currently play race 07 online one of the best online driving games around, before that i played alot of toca 3 also a cracking game Grin
Santiago
Grafter

Each to their own I suppose, I have never figured out what the attraction of these games is.
My son has tried to get me playing them but I just don't get it I'm afraid.
I think it is the noises sound effects, they drive me crazy!
I have started playing Mahjongg occasionally on my new Ubuntu lappy, but that't not driving game of course!