cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do think to the new cod waw maps?

scootie
Grafter

what do think to the new cod waw maps?

i havent managed to get any online action these maps yet as only went on for an hour last night and non came up.
but when i downloaded them i had a quick scout round them on private match mode.
the underground one i think will be a battle of the betty's. nightfire looks like a snipers heaven and japan one looks like the sort of map i like.
did'nt play much of the new zombie mode map but its set on the asylum map and has some new cool features
21 REPLIES 21
coco

Re: what do think to the new cod waw maps?

I love the new zombie map, they've obviously spent a lot more time on this mode now and it isn't just a cheap throw on at the end. I reckon the new maps are better than the originals, well laid out, nice to look at, more intricate but still free flowing with the added bonus of no tanks on any of them. Personally my least fave is nightfire I just can't seem to get a good streak going on there at all but when I do get a handle on it I think I'll like it more. I've only played team deathmatch so far so I don't know how they play on the objective modes but still well worth the 6 or 7 quid asking price.
seems a better deal than the shaky E.A servers for the new fifa ultimate team. I've heard a lot of complaints about people unable to connect and losing card packs they've bought with microsoft points.
Grff
Grafter

The new maps.  Are good and bad.
The japan one (can't remember the name) isn't as good as it looks.  It's not bad on the "Team Objective games", but on Deathmatch, everyone just heads for the two high concrete buildings. Making for a fairly boring game to be honest.
The subway map is 'so so'.  Again, it's fairly linear, and on the "Team Objective" games, it's two easy for people just to grenade spam the objective.  It's kind of like 'wetworks' is on COD4.   Spawn points on this map when playing any the objective game are stupid.  Many times it's spawned me at one end of the map, only to move off, and have an enemy spawn behind me. Apparently they fixed spawn problems so that you won't spawn in line of sight of an enemy, obviously it doesn't work.
The town one is the best of three I feel.  But again, in "Team Objective mode, you just get campers in the same spots waiting for people to try and get the objective.
I just wish they'd put in a FFA mode for the new maps from the get go.
I haven't tried Hardcore, but i'd expect more camping to be honest.
Overall I think the maps are good, but should have been half the price.
At least they've nurfed the rifle grenades in the first few seconds of Search and Destroy matches.  That was long overdue.
Tyreal74
Grafter

havent bought em, tbh i havent played for over a month now
clockley
Grafter

I like 'em.
Agreed that they are a godsend for campers, but I do like the Subway one, especially on "War".  It bugs me that a map pack has been released so soon after the initial release of the game.  I'm sure that these maps could have been included with the game itself....
scootie
Grafter

the free map should of bein somthing other than just turning the lights on.
Theres bound to be another map pack at some point. looks like they are trying to double the profits on the DLC for waw
Tyreal74
Grafter

Bought the Map Pack last night, not tried them yet though
i gave in but dont tell the missus
Tyreal74
Grafter

playewd Nightfire last night, good map, very campy though.  first time on the map went 23 - 10 was pretty pleased witht he rsult, especially considering most of their team were using mp40s
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I saw this listed in the unread posts list and (having slightly misread the topic) thought that the Royal Navy had started another fight with Iceland. Crazy
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scootie
Grafter

Grin
Tyreal74
Grafter

theyre ok so far, quite liking nightfire...my issue is still with the mp40 nubs Cheesy
Dodgydog
Grafter

well the clan i play for give a big thumbs up to the new maps , much more playable , especially night . Hey Asbo Dog your name is familiar from servers  Grin
scootie
Grafter

Hey Asbo Dog your name is familiar from servers  

Huh i only use asbo dog here
Tyreal74
Grafter

there is a guy on COD using asbo dog...
well played the new maps again last night... got raped on most of them but yet again every death seems to come from an MP40, roll on MW2 i think im a bit sick of the MP40 now, 2 hit deaths woo woo
edit: oh noes asbo, your an mp40 whore ^_^
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Get it on the PC Wink Much better all round gaming experience, no single weapon outperforms the others. Plus the new maps were free Cheesy
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.