cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange lotro disconnect

daimonde

strange lotro disconnect

Hi all,
Hoping for some advice on an issue thats driving me mad.
Playing lotro im disconnected every time without fail either ten minutes after logging in, or the next time i zone after that ten minutes. anything before ten minutes i can zone no probs.
Ive tried just about everything i can think of software-wise, had a ticket with lotro support & followed all their instructions.....clean install, a clean boot, clean windows ! but with no luck.  Ive setup port forwarding with PFconfig & help from the guy running that prog too.
The only difference i can think of since it last worked ok is upgrading to FTTC.
Ive hd no issues with any other games at all.
Any help would be much appreciated !

Dave.
5 REPLIES 5
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: strange lotro disconnect

On ADSL here and Lotro is fine other than the mounted combat rubberbanding.  Got to assume you have a bad fibre connection and or phone line but not sure if a bad phone line affects the the fibre connection like it would on a ADSL connection, when any line noise will trigger packet loss which can in turn induce lost connections in game.
Maybe try the PPOE direct connection to the modem and see if its the router at fault http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows... as you say its always within 10 minutes so quick enough to test
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
daimonde

thanks a lot, thats worked so presume i can clearly point the finger at the modem.
couple of follow up queries if i can then, that leaves me without wifi, but ive a couple of other routers knocking about the house, am i right in thinking ill need a cable rather than adsl one though ?
and is there another way of giving wifi to the house ? could the faulty router use lan2 on the modem for this maybe ?
many thanks.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

I would say it's the router at fault if you have no issues connected directly to the modem.  So if it's a plusnet supplied router, then get a replacement if not then to buy one your self with wifi
Gus
Aspiring Pro

One question I forgot, are you gaming on a wired pc or wifi?  That will bring up its own issues if via wifi, always best if wired.
If it has to be wifi, then check if the wifi channel is being used by neighbours, if it is that can cause slow speeds and gaming issues like the lost connections you are getting.
http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ will tell you what channels are being used, then you can use a different one
daimonde

im on wired, use the wifi for my good lady's laptop. so sadly as good a solution as the PPPoe is for me, ill have to splash the cash on a new router it seems.
annoyingly ive not spent anything on lotro for years having an old lifetime sub, but it now seems its going to cost more than most other games have !
thanks for the advice.