cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ps3 stops working on peak

fathouseflies
Dabbler

ps3 stops working on peak

I have been trying to play in the evenings GTA 4 on my ps3. After a lot of messing around with router settings and what not I decided to try during the day and it worked flawlessly.This has been the pattern for the last few days. As soon as it gets to around 5pm  It starts getting flaky and by 7pm i can't barely connect at all, and the lag is unbearable when it does connect. This seems to be an issue during peak times only.
I am on a legacy product, premier option 1. So I hope my gaming traffic is still prioritised , I am paying £22 a month because I prefer the longer off peak hours.
So basically is this a plusnet issue? And can anything be done to help?, bearing in mind it's been perfect during the day.
14 REPLIES 14
scootie
Grafter

Re: ps3 stops working on peak

whats the capacity status of your exchange http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
fathouseflies
Dabbler

it's green. It's always been green. My connection's fine except for this.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You've not hit your 13GB peak usage and gone into first level of management have you?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Also it might be worth looking at this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,70503.16/topicseen.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
fathouseflies
Dabbler

No I'm not being managed. Thanks for the link, it could well be related to that.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Is it just GTA4 you're having a problem with or are other games affected? As far as I know GTA4 should get picked up as gaming, I've got it at home but never actually played online yet so will give it a go and see whether I notice any problems.
Would be interesting to know if other games are affected, or if at the time that GTA4 isn't working other games work fine.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
fathouseflies
Dabbler

I only have one game at the moment so can't test others. I keep getting logged out of  playstation network while i'm playing and then struggle to log back in (in the evenings) It's giving me a dns problem error message. I just had a multiplayer session on gta 4 and it was fine as of 1330 today.I will try again later tonight and see what happens.
edit: Last night was terrible by the way, very frustrating.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Do you run Bittorrent while playing in the evenings?
Carl
fathouseflies
Dabbler

No, most downloading is done off peak. Utorrent was seeding earlier while I was playing, it was all working ok . In fact my setup has been fine for ages. This has baffled me a bit though. I'm gonna try gta now and see what happens.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, glad you tried the game, I can see the issue.  I'll get your profile changed to temp fix the issue for a permanent fix on Monday
fathouseflies
Dabbler

cool....nice one man! Fingers crossed.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Hope the temp fix has been working, I've been told the perm fix will be done in the morning.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: _CN_
Hi,
Hope the temp fix has been working, I've been told the perm fix will be done in the morning.

change has been done
fathouseflies
Dabbler

Thanks guys. I went and lent my ps3 to someone last Saturday, but the temp fix worked perfectly on the Friday. I'll be able to check the permanent fix in a week or so.
Cheers.