cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ps3 is just lagging sooo bad online

chris2169

ps3 is just lagging sooo bad online

Can anyone plz help me here, I moved from sky to plusnet for a better connection, when I got this I was told. I would have way better gaming for my ps3 than with sky, I told them I had no pc or lap top on the phone just the ps3, gaming pro add on the lot, and now there saying yous dont support consoles, I am geting 18mb so its not the speed, its the lag online is sooo bad I cant even reload a gun, goto walk in a building then i'm back halfway across the map just that bad I cant play in it, every game. Plz help thank you
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ps3 is just lagging sooo bad online

Have you tried an ethernet connection or just wireless
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

Are you on a FAT console or Slim mate? i have Both, the FAT constantly LAGS so bad, the SLIM isnt laggy atall no problems there,
Try wired if your on wireless
chris2169

It the 250gb slim and I have it wierd, they took interleaving off as they thought I was on a lap top or pc, could that be it? And my nat type is open on the likes of mw3 etc. Thank you both for the help really at my whits end here. Pulling my hair out. Thankr
chris2169

Sorry for got to say download is 18mb and nearly 1mb upload, the ps3 is running a steady 13mbdown 856kb up, its in the game it shows i'm getting full 4bar conection but after 2 games i'm still on full 4 bars and download is steady but its lagging me back across the map etc, I dont understand it. Thank yous again.
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

I've never had anything past 3mb in the Last year i've been at PN, to be fair i haven't lagged as bad as i fought i would.
The only games i play is Black ops and Fifa Both seem Ok, i Do sometimes get what your experienceing though, i also Lag on Fifa but once i restart the Router the lag goes ok for a Week then it'll happen again, Could it be Screen Lag your getting? might not be but Heard about that in a Few COD topics..
chris2169

when I turn the router off it just comes back in about 3games, fifa is actually not bad but still lags, its not my speep its always very high, a just dnt undestand it.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Chris2169,
As per the responses from kevinneildsl, Fifa had been a sore point. After a lot of investigation, it looks to be an issue with the console/game with specific issues on the fat console.
In your own case though, you have already indicated this has been ruled out.
Inspection of your account shows it is all setup correctly, and the pro-addon is certainly doing its job if you happen to be using an unrecognised game. We would expect to see a large volume or reports if there is a problem with this, which we are not.
As such, this looks to be something else. Interleaving was one factor, which you have already indicated has been dealt with (though I have verified that too).
Your line looks to of a pretty good standard, with more than capable speeds and few errors on the line.
Usage per hour during your heavy usage period do not seem to be a factor either.
Can you confirm what game you are seeing this on (all if multiple). We will have a look at verify what we know about that game and see what more we can recommend and look at for you.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i understand that mw3 has lag compensation built in to try and even good lines against bad, you could be falling foul of this.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chris2169

cant thank yous enough, its on mw3 tht is the worse, but black ops, bat field 2 and 3 still do it but not as bad as mw3. My download is superb from yous, but with sky I neve had this and with black ops 2 just coming what if it is same as mw3 un playable, thanks for any help u can give me, all of yous.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

COD forums have many posts from people with very good lines complaining about the unfairness of the lag compensation system.
I've read of some gamers starting a big download before a game to try and increase their lag a little so the lag compensation will leave them alone. Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

Has anyone experienced screen lag on Black ops? I've heard alot of people get it on HD TV
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Can't say I have experienced it on my HD TV.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

MW2 & MW3 seems much smoother than black ops Sad
flaminmoses
Grafter

what ive done is restrict my upload on the router from 16mbs to 1mbs
havent done the download although i may do this and check it.

a right pain though as when i want to stream etc im gonna have to go back in and change the settings
i swear fifa do this connection compensation thing too.
its really ridiculous as im sure most who play games and have decent connections got upgraded connections to IMPROVE gameplay rather than decrease it.