cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet gaming community *UPDATE*

kaos2003uk
Dabbler

plusnet gaming community *UPDATE*

Hey guys I originally got my plusnet line installed to help take the load off running my own community  but things didn't go to plan. Since I cannot just give up my services I am going to offer all fellow plusnet users free website hosting, a communal teamspeak and communal game servers.
I currently have a webserver at home hosting my own website, teamspeak and another server hosting a csgo server and css server.
I have a few things to sort out tonight but everything should be up and running by tomorrow.
What I am offering is either a free subdomain for Web hosting or point your own domain to my server, 30mb of webspace(plenty to host a communal site) 5 sql data bases, php support ect.
A free channel in the community teamspeak, currently 64slot but possibly uppe(with help of donations)
When it comes to gaming servers I will host what is most popular as long as hardware/bandwidth can support. This will be decided on how many people will use it and how often it's used. If more than 10 people would like to see a particular server up and use it on a daily basis then I will be happy to put it up.
Rules?
Those wanting to use the services I aim to provide will need to be active members on teamspeak, polite and respectful of all other users. Anyone found trying to abuse the system or other users will be banned from everything no questions asked.
I want to bring back the community feel of gaming not matter what you play so let's make it happen.
Please post your interest and suggestions below and I will provide details once everything is up and running Smiley
Thanks guys
5 REPLIES 5
kaos2003uk
Dabbler

Re: plusnet gaming community *UPDATE*

Ok so everything seems as though its sorted out now.
All you need to do is fill out a simple form over @ www.ebcgaming.com/hosting.html ; -- at the bottem there is a link to the form.....fill it out and i will get back to you as soon as possible with the details.
if you wish to bring over your existing domain name please specify that in the subdomain box and i will advise you how to do so.
Teamspeak3 server is up and everyone is welcome, having webhosting or not @ ts3.ebcgaming.com
Both game servers are currently up and running but not properly configured as of yet but details are in the teamspeak channels.
If you think you will use a game server alot them pop into teamspeak and ask about admin rights to it, i cant do everything myself and could do with the help if you plan on using it.

Again any suggestions about other game servers you would like to see, pm me and we will discuss it.

Thanks,
Ka0s
majnu
Grafter

We've moved from TS to Discord recently. It's a great application with no monthly fee and was surprised how good voice communication was compared to TS.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Discord,mumble theres a few different ones people can use myself i prefer to use Teamspeak as ive been using it from the very start and always found it to work just fine. I rent game servers so i get my Teamspeak server free Smiley So no need for me to switch.
That discord looks like the steam app also they say the following " Designed for use while gaming, Discord has minimal impact on your CPU. Your game's performance won't be affected in the slightest. "
Well most gamers have good setups so that wouldnt really affect them anyways, and TS does not use that much cpu, Discord might temp younger gamers who like new programs that are all glossy but for me im old skool i prefer simple Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

yeah I bet you had xfire raptr and fraps not so long ago.
I always preferred the way ventrillo worked to teamspeak but others I hung with preffered using xfire and so long as nobody sent me messages I was happy to run them all in a vm on my system ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Ive only ever used Steam,Teamspeak and origin Smiley I dont even have facebook or twatter ive never been one for using all these social thingys.