cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planetside 2

Blim
Grafter

planetside 2

Do you guys know they just gave this game a make over? Well if you are running 4 cores or more you might want to try one of the first games to use your cpu.

That sed I still get EPIC lag in this game. I was shooting some guy in the back and after I died by his team mate. You then get a heads up on who did what damage.... So it turns out the guy I shot in the back and killed, took 90% of my health off. I still cant play P2P games on plusnet. I dont play many online games like I used to and this is basically why. So based on that I want to try and fix this or move away from PN. So the goal is to make NEW fps games work because they all use P2P and they all dont seem to work for me.
If we can not get this to work correctly. I would like a referral to the account department with the abillity to end my contract with no exra charges. Lets be fair about this, I'm not even enjoying my time.
Thanks.
23 REPLIES 23
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: planetside 2

Is it identified properly?  We had this on our list at one point of a product needing a sig.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Blim
Grafter

I dont know Kelly, its it?
The game has been out over a year now and I've been asking for help the whole time!!! PN.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

This game should be identified correctly, we'll check to make sure, can you let us know the next time you'll be playing?
Blim
Grafter

What do you mean, do you want 24h notice for I play the game? I'm really sorry but I dont plan it like that. This just isnt going to work out like this.
I dont have time to be your beta tester. As much as I'd love to be a beta tester I'm not being payed for it and I have my own things to be getting on with right now.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not 24 hours notice no, just so we can see the if this is identified correctly on your line when you're playing, if you're able to drop a post on here then we can take a look.
The only other thing was a wireshark which involves captures from your side, so I'm trying to avoid this.
Blim
Grafter

You got to love the way this guy has no health because I should have killed him when I shot him with my weapon!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're installing Planetside 2, we'll let you know how we get on with it once we've tried it.
Blim
Grafter

having fun?
Blim
Grafter

It even sed I got the kill and he droped but then suddenly he was half visible (nothing to do with stealth) then continued shooting at me and killed me. I can only kill him once. what else am I ment to do, use a soul shard?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Blim
Grafter

"LaunchPad.cfg" must have this line to be able to login with a EU account. Not sure if they fix this yet.
environment=psg
Blim
Grafter

Are you sure you guys are not injecting forged or spoofed packets because it wasnt long after I found this it stoped happening and my steam problem went away.
Maybe packets arriving in the wrong order?
Blim
Grafter

What should I look out for with wireshark?
This is what I'm seeing a lot of:
New fragment overlaps old data (retransmission)
Malformed Packet (Exception occurred)
Retransmission (suspected)
Duplicate ACK (#1)        <---- loads of this going on from 146.90.145.11
Acknowledgment number: Broken TCP. The acknowledge field is nonzero while ACK flag is not set
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Key thing is ensuring the DSCP header flag on the incoming packets is set correctly, i.e. in the titanium queue.  The rest of the wireshark can give us clues as to what is going on, i.e. retransmits, missing packets, lag between responses etc. (as long as it is TCP and not UDP).
http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
Has your fault been resolved?  Last I remember looking we were thinking you had very noisy thinkbb graphs which indicated a general issue which would have interfered with your gaming.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager