cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patch for game

firefly2
Grafter

patch for game

I am stuck in a game where the movement will not activate and i have hopefully downloaded a patch to desktop to pass over it. i do not know how to install onto the cd . can anyone assist please???  Embarrassed
12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: patch for game

Can you tell us what the file type is (or what the file is called) and what platform you run the game on?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
firefly2
Grafter

it is a compressed [zip] folder and running game on  the dvd drive. was that platform you meant?Huh
thank-you ...
dvorak

I suspect in the zip file will be a program that you can run which will patch the game in its installed location.
Can you extract the files from the zip file and have a look? Might also be a text file with some instructions in it.
Customer / Moderator
firefly2
Grafter

have opened it up and it said that pcsavegames .com would be able to help.  couldn't find any info . however when pressed guides was transferred to Radar games. i registered and left a msge for help.  thanks again. ....
firefly2
Grafter

Hi, i have it sorted now. didn't need the patch. i was using the wrong two keys so that was the problem i was having. thank you for your help tho'. appreciate it Embarrassed
dvorak

Glad it's all sorted  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
firefly2
Grafter

hi adiewoo [ or any-one else who can help out]
back again like a bad penny.
am playing a game that almost definitely needs this patch that i have down loaded. it was mentioned in the literature with the game. that it would eliminate bugs  and/or help with any ati graphics.
i opened it up and unlocked it and the wizard stated that it was installing. over in a flash.
however the game is stuck. it refuses to show an icon needed to proceed. therefore wish to know [1] has it installed into the game from the desktop icons.?
[2] is it my system that is at fault.? pc by the way  3.0 ghz 512 ram 2 cd/dvd drives.
that last game was broken sword the sleeping dragon. it was old but very good. quite exciting but hard to do in places. kept getting shot.  Roll_eyes
dvorak

can you tell us the name of the game and perhaps the link to where you downloaded the patch?
Cheers,
Customer / Moderator
firefly2
Grafter

oh you are a gem. wish that you lived next door. [ heaven forbid i can hear you saying]...the game .....broken sword the angel of death ...and went to the web site on lit >>> ftp//ftp/focusmm.co.uk then updates/thq/BS4Patch_1.1.exe  ... hope got that right my contacts  are clouding up.
thanks.
dvorak

Yeah it looks like the right patch that can also be downloaded from http://www.broken-sword.com/.
When you say it's missing an icon do you mean there is something missing to start the game or there is something missing once you are in the game?
Customer / Moderator
firefly2
Grafter

GM. i also seen the patch elsewhere. seems  to be the only one. the game is on its way but anna maria sometimes appears in the inventory and sometimes  on the action and  then she is not showing in inventory. in this case i need to speak to her to hold a switch in an off poz so that george can pass by live wires. have made all necessary moves but she won't show.  she should be on the action . no sign of her elsewhere.  ....very annoying and fed up now. thanks.  Huh
firefly2
Grafter

hi Adiewoo.
thought would let you know that game is now on the move. don't ask me how tho'. must have done something right.
enjoy the day  Smiley