cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over 5000 ping....

DontDisobeyy
Grafter

over 5000 ping....

I play alot of CS:GO and I get consistent lag spikes over 5000.... i've been trying to resolve this ping issue for many months and i'm getting really impatient. Also, the download speed gets affected and I sometimes get below 1mbps even when i change channels.... Cry
6 REPLIES 6
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: over 5000 ping....

well reading the other threads you have open the only serious question is what router do you have ?
how many other wireless devices do you also have in your property with an open wifi connection ?

a few years ago when I used the tg582n it had the issues you mention in some of the other threads and every time another device (like a phone) did a connection check or update check or well anything the lag spikes were horrendous, turned out the problem was me having too many devices for the router to handle smoothly, I bought a new router and the problems went away, I have other problems now most of the time but not that one (like the kids complaining if the internet goes down for more than 30 seconds during their allotted time slots)
but the name /make of the router is normally found on the router home page, and knowing which one you have will be the first step in maybe helping to sort out the problem .
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
DontDisobeyy
Grafter

I have the 2704n router, and when 1 device (for example an ipad) is on youtube watching  a video the ping increases to above 1000.
nanotm
Pro

might I suggest getting better one from a shop then,
personally I have a billion 8800axl, a lot of others have the 8800nl some have the newer 8900 models (all vdsl2+ &bt certified) or an archer c8 or similar would be a good option Kitz website ahs a list, of course those things aren't cheap brand new but there are often deals on them on ebay to be had because some folks just don't like them or moved to an isp that locks down the router your allowed to use ....

the problem with the isp supplied routers (the free things they give out) are they are under specified for a lot of peoples uses but perfect for the emailing /browsing /streaming tablet or phone user, due to the way those services work ping spikes are not noticeable .
and then you can bin the separate modem and benefit for being able to view line stats as well Tongue
DontDisobeyy
Grafter

So if I buy a new modem, do i set it up as i normally would with a modem i would get from an isp?
nanotm
Pro

Basically yes, the exact procedure will be slightly different based on what vdsl2+router you get but any help needed can be found on the hardware section of the plusnet forums for most routers, indeed you might like to look through the various threads there and see what device fits your needs and budget.
DontDisobeyy
Grafter

Thanks alot for the help  Smiley Wink