cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new user - BBYW3 or PRO?

neltek

new user - BBYW3 or PRO?

Hi
I am an existing member on the legacy product BB Premier.
I am trying to recommend Plus Net to a colleague
He plays lots of online games.
On the products page it recommends PRO for gamers.
But PRO seems to offer 15GB / month allowance compared to BBYW3 with 30GB
Looking at priority tables - there are no limits on any traffic on PRO but on BBYW there are on peer-to-peer etc BUT
not on "other" which I assume is gaming?
So why do gamers need PRO ?
Doesn't BBYW3 offer same service for gaming with more GB/month allowance?
Ian
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: new user - BBYW3 or PRO?

Hi Ian,
On Pro, all traffic is prioritised, including gaming, peer2peer and usenet.  On Option 3, gaming traffic is prioritised, but there ware times when we mis-prioritise the traffic on games, normally when they're first out, which could cause poor latency if you're one of the first to pick up that game.
Basically, Gaming on Option 3 should be absolutely fine, but Pro gives you the added peace of mind.
scootie
Grafter

do they game on pc or console as the consoles are pretty straight forward for plusnet to priotize right so option 3 is o.k(im on it and have no problems with my xbox) where pro is the bee's knees for pc gamers as games on pc are a little harder for for plus net to priotize them al. so if you got a pc game that was not priotized right you would have to raise a ticket with a wire shark capture so plus net can get it put on the database of priotiy if your on option 3 but pro all your traffic is in the top  priotitys so you would not have a problem.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Only reason I don't use the Gaming Pro package is that I use Steam to get some games and use BBC/ITV catchup players, so 15gig a month can be a limiting factor.
But I have no gaming lag/issues with Option 3, ok soemtimes PN get traffic management wrong or the scripts fail but a wireshark capture and a ticket then it gets solved.
So would say go Pro if the 15gig Peak download cap a month is enough, if not option 3.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
neltek

thanks gents