cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new music streaming service on xbox

scootie
Grafter

new music streaming service on xbox

Smiley looks like yet one more reason to microwave the ps3 an stick with your xbox  Grin
wheres sony been these past couple of months microsoft have been punching sony left right an centre and sony has no come back
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Preparing-Music-Streaming-for-the-Xbox-360-116822.shtml
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/microsoft/5817049/Microsoft-is-launching-...
16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: new music streaming service on xbox

got a browser, Blu-ray player, PVR or full DivX certification?
Didn't think so... Tongue
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Euge
Grafter

...or wireless capability, terrible second life experience called home?  Tongue
scootie
Grafter

sounds gd does it play games as well and are they any gd 
i here lots problems with network connection problems wen youve forked £40 for a game an try to play it  Kiss
Euge
Grafter

Aparently I've heard xbox live has problems with connection that you've paid for on battlefield?  Tongue Whereas the psn version worked fine  Cool
Besides which can't you already stream music from your pc anyway?  Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

its going to be in competion with spotify, an yes ive got my suppioer console streaming music from vista but i have to pay for each track where the spotify model is instant no download service
am sry for having to wind u ps3 guys up theres not many xboxers to talk to as there all playing the consoles as they just seem to work.
do u guys need any help in tracking down which port u need to open for your new game?  Grin
Euge
Grafter

Ahh I see, like vidzone on the psn but without the videos  Smiley
or youtube via the browser, or BBCi player?
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
do u guys need any help in tracking down which port u need to open for your new game?  Grin

Actually I can't seem to get uncharted: drakes fortune to work on my xbox 360? It's the best game I've ever played so it;s really bugging me  Wink Grin
Also I want more of this banter because most console owners take things too seriously, as if they have to defend their console choice. So I enjoy this  Smiley
scootie
Grafter

sry euge i left the friendly banter  i couldnt resist trying to get a chance at being the 1 in 1vs 100 to win  prizes  Smiley
Ahh I see, like vidzone on the psn but without the videos 

is that a free service then?
Euge
Grafter

Qui qui, it's free but the amount of songs isn't endless. Especially since it's only songs that have videos for starters.
Grff
Grafter

Quote from: Euge
Aparently I've heard xbox live has problems with connection that you've paid for on battlefield?  Tongue Whereas the psn version worked fine  Cool
Besides which can't you already stream music from your pc anyway?  Roll_eyes

nowt to do with xbox live, and more to do with EA's own serves being under capacity.  Something that was made apparent at the xbox platform launch, and so more servers were rolled out in time for the PS3 launch.  So that's a null and void argument  Wink
I can't justify the xtra couple of hundred pound on a box to play "blu-ray" movies when I don't have an Hd TV, and don't need anything else the PS3 offers.
I stream music from my laptop or PC wirelessly to the xbox while playing games.  A lot of games such as Forza and COD cut the background music out for you soo you can hear the game sounds, and your streaming music at the same time.  Works really well too. Smiley
Going back to the topic at hand, looks good to me.  I wonder what the sky tv on the xbox will be like.  Should be good as long as existing customers don't have to pay extra.  With all this extra streaming stuff coming to the xbox, i'm going to need to make sure that I have enough useage on my package.  Grin
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: Griff
nowt to do with xbox live, and more to do with EA's own serves being under capacity.  Something that was made apparent at the xbox platform launch, and so more servers were rolled out in time for the PS3 launch.  So that's a null and void argument  Wink

I actually knew that to be honest, it's a little bit poor that you have to rely on EA's infamously poor record with servers when you pay £40 a year to get dedicated microsoft servers  Undecided
Does wireless capability come built into the elite versions? Or did you buy it seperately?
scootie
Grafter

(cough) who wants to risk using wireless when cable beats it hands down.
just one more useless thing that sony bulks its poor gaming console with
Euge
Grafter

People who have their ps3 in their bedroom when the router is downstairs find built in wireless very useful. I occasionally use my ps3 wirelessly if I'm not gaming but need my pc wired  Tongue
So have you tried this thing out yet or is it coming in the future?
scootie
Grafter

future euge it going to be a pc app/web browser based  Undecided so u ps3 guys maybe able to use the service as well and in the news articles it syays its not a dead cert that it will be on xbox but more than likely will be.
i cant see me using there service on the pc over spotify unless my goldship gives exclusive acess to new releases ect like spotify is doing at the moment with payed members ship