cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

never preorder a game from steam

rodtrotter
Grafter

never preorder a game from steam

got my copy of MW3 all downloaded and installed from steam ready to go at 12 and what happens steam are not letting the game play till 7am what a pile of poo if i got the game on disk from the shop i can play it from 12 last night as most of my mates are now doing.
why do we who got the game from steam have to wait till 7am this is the last time i buy from them Angry
7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: never preorder a game from steam

not a lover of download games ,, prefer a hard copy  Wink that why i preorder from" Game " BF3 that was not MW3  Tongue
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
StuartUK35
Grafter

let us know if MW3 is as rubbish as MW2 in multiplayer mode:
IE:  Always connect to a host on the other side of the world, no option to kick cheaters, etc etc
matt_2k34
Grafter

@rodtrotter
You'll probably find that the publisher bowed to pressure from GamePlay Ltd.
Most of the time, its not Valves issue at all, because the publisher sets the release dates. GP are trying to protect their business, by ensuring you get racked off and only ever pre-order from them... they demand from publishers that they get it 'first' before digital distributers, else they wont stock it in their stores at all... Roll_eyes
Personally, i keep all my shizz on steam, and GP Ltd. can 'Do One', my local Game+Gamestation have about 0.5m of PC games. Then they bitch about people not using their service? give me a break. I almost always pre-order from steam, and most of my games catalog has moved into my steam library tbh... When stuff has been on sale for like, £2-3. I've bought it again on steam for the convenience, then often flogged the game at £5-10  Cheesy
If you look up GP ltd. and Steam, you'll see all sorts of comments like this, Publishers dont want GamePlay to stop stocking their games, but tbh, They should just let it Happen on a few titles and see how it goes.. its not like the supermarkets etc. wont stock it.
Regards
rodtrotter
Grafter

i use steem and origin all the time got BF3 from origin i was just a bit fedup last night feel better now had some sleep lol Roll_eyes
David_W
Rising Star

I'd only pre-order from Steam if the price was the same as ordering the boxed version.  You can get Skyrim for a tenner cheaper at Tesco's so Steam is a no-go for that, but I did pre-order Shogun 2 from Steam, only now it want's to do a 20Gb update.... seriously?!  Getting older games or packs from Steam is good though, got the entire GTA series for £19.99, only I downloaded GTAIV and not the GTAIV stories pack so I'd have to redownload it again, gah, confusing.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Often (especially more recently) you can get games for an online download at a much cheaper price than other places, the best bit of this is that if you get the product code you can just use that in steam and Robert is indeed your father or mother's brother.
Not that it's steam but that's what I did with BF3 - got a code for just over £30 from somewhere mentioned on hotukdeals.com then just put the code into origin and away I went.
matt_2k34
Grafter

but I did pre-order Shogun 2 from Steam, only now it want's to do a 20Gb update.... seriously?!

Blame the dev for 0-day patching, not Steam for delivering that content...  Crazy