cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nat type moderate?

Addnan
Grafter

nat type moderate?

Yesterday when I was playing MW2 it said my NAT was open. Today it says its moderate? I don't understand, I tried restarting the router. Its a DG834G btw.
5 REPLIES 5
Addnan
Grafter

Re: nat type moderate?

Please ignore, I restored to factory default and that seemed to have fixed it.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

My PS3 is in the DMZ with a static ip and I get moderate, so I'm not sure if this actually means a problem or just a general view of your connection speed  Undecided
Lack of any sort of instructions for this game does not help either  Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

surrprise surprise a ps3 having nat issues nothing new there  ::). average it sounds like you need a xbox to cure your nat issue/reporting bug (think thats my best advice given on this forum yet  Grin )
Grff
Grafter

MW2 is odd. I've been using UpnP for ages, and not had issues.
As soon as I play MW2 it says my NAt was moderate and I also had some problems with games.  I ended up port forwarding the 5 or so ports to my xbox, and it's now OPEN again, but seems odd why it should claim it's moderate when nothing has changed.
scootie
Grafter

strange, i havent got mod2 yet so cant check this out.
but i run my xbox ip in DMZ mode any way to insure this never happens, upnp has done a good job in past for the xbox but am belt and trouser approach to my xbox traffic setup. ive also in the past found my netgear to block some xbl traffic picking it up as a DOS attack, even in dmz mode