cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modern w2 signal strength

skuffdj
Grafter

Re: modern w2 signal strength

Im on xbox, using a thompson router on the unlimited package.. Im getting 1 red bar nearly all the time during peak times.. Reset router, changed filters, done everything.. Really getting on my nerves now.. Just done a speed test, and im getting 5.5mb, so why is the xbox running like its on dial up? I went with plusnet as they say their a dedicated gaming provider.. YEAH RIGHT!!!!
Also last night it did it till 00.30, then when the plusnet full speed kicked in, i went to 4 green bars.. Sort it out Plusnet or im off
scootie
Grafter

@ skuffdj. are you on adsl 20cn or adsl2+ 21cn network ?
with you saying when it goes past midnight it gets better am thinking 20cn and not 21cn
is your xbox connected to the router by wireless or ethernet?
b4itatschool
Dabbler

My cable came this morning, tried it out and connection is definately much better with wired, thanks for those of you who recommened it, the cable was only 7.99 for 10m.
I will leave the rest of you to argue amongst yourselves!  LOL
  Roll_eyes
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Glad it's working much better, might see you online sometime Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
skuffdj
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
@ skuffdj. are you on adsl 20cn or adsl2+ 21cn network ?
with you saying when it goes past midnight it gets better am thinking 20cn and not 21cn
is your xbox connected to the router by wireless or ethernet?

Ethernet.. And must be adsl 20cn..
But i was told, downloading is capped  between 12.00 till 00.00 (plusnets peak time, but is more like 11.30 till 00.30), but gaming is untouched..
But it feels like im being capped on my gaming now which is a joke.. Just moved to a brand new house, with brand new phone lines, right next to the exchange, and getting 5.5mb on every test
b4itatschool
Dabbler

adiewoo - You wouldnt see me online as ive been writing this for my sons benefit.  His PSM ID is byackugan.
scootie
Grafter

@skuffdj.
unlimited does have 2mb speed cap on gaming 24/7 on it but i run on unlimted and have no issues with the package on my xbox and i belive adiewoo is on unlimited and dosent have issues on the ps3 with MW 2 (apart from it being a ps3 thoe
  ;D)
can you run some pings to bbc.co.uk  using the following command in command promt "ping -t bbc.co.uk" leave it running for say around 100 packets and copy paste the summary and some of the pings above that. if you can do this when your gaming is not good but make sure you insure nothing else is using your connection when you run the check as that will taint the results
thanks
dvorak

@skuffdj.
unlimited does have 2mb speed cap on gaming 24/7 on it but i run on unlimted and have no issues with the package on my xbox and i belive adiewoo is on unlimited and dosent have issues on the ps3 with MW 2 (apart from it being a ps3 thoe
  ;D)

Watch it poochy, but yep I'm on unlimited and have had no issues (aside from falling asleep) with MW2 or my gaming traffic.
Customer / Moderator
skuffdj
Grafter

@skuffdj.
 ;D)
can you run some pings to bbc.co.uk  using the following command in command promt "ping -t bbc.co.uk" leave it running for say around 100 packets and copy paste the summary and some of the pings above that. if you can do this when your gaming is not good but make sure you insure nothing else is using your connection when you run the check as that will taint the results
thanks

Yeah i know its 2mb mate, but it runs like dial up on xbox at the mo..  Used to be fine..
Did the speedtest ping test wirelessly  on 250 packets and got this
skuffdj
Grafter

Getting sooo pissed off with this.. Work 12 hour night shifts 4 days a week, so the nights i have off i wanna chill with my buddies online.. But at the mo its just not possible... And i know its not my wires etc as come 00.00 my connection goes straight up to 4 bars.. If this carries on im canceling my contract due to plusnet not providing the service they said they would
dvorak

have you checked your exchange status?
Customer / Moderator
skuffdj
Grafter

Everything is fine out of plusnet peak hours, so 00.30-11.30 is perfect.. Then between 11.30 and 00.30 its unplayable.. Every test is coming up fine.. Bit of a coincidence that my gaming problems are happening during the times of plusnets 'capping'
adie:quote
skuffdj
Grafter

This is the slowest speed ive had tonight, but its now true peak time
dvorak

Quote from: skuffdj
Everything is fine out of plusnet peak hours, so 00.30-11.30 is perfect.. Then between 11.30 and 00.30 its unplayable.. Every test is coming up fine.. Bit of a coincidence that my gaming problems are happening during the times of plusnets 'capping'

Could also be due to exchange congestion - xbox uses the same ports for all the games so is correctly prioritised as ASBO will testify, so might be worth having a look here
Customer / Moderator
skuffdj
Grafter

Colour: Green VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Green.
Click here for further details
Just checked mate, and the exchange is fine.. I really dont know what to do, its starting to get me down tbh
dick:quote