cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iRacing

Picnic
Grafter

iRacing

Anyone playing this yet? I seem to be getting the odd race where I get bad latency issues. I was thrown out of the last one just now. Was wondering if others are playing and having similar issues? I guess the game will need supporting as prioritised traffic! I had better gen up on WireShark unless someone is already looking at this Wink
4 REPLIES 4
Picnic
Grafter

Re: iRacing

Guess not then, capture made and support ticket raised
daven

Hello Picnic,
I'm now suffering from the same problem  Sad and it seems to happen in the evenings. The latency bar jumps back and forth at first and then the quality and sync bars follow suit. Were you able to fix the issue?
stephenb

Hi, I started suffering this problem on Sunday.  I initially thought it was down to an upgrade of my routers firmware which I carried out yesterday in order to see if it would fix some random connection problem to the race servers as going back to the previous firmware seemed to fix it.  However trying to partake in a race this eveing the problem had returned.  iracing tech support have told me me that they have had other people report problems who are using Netgear routers as I am.  I'm using a DG834G v1.  Maybe time for an upgrade?
daven

I've asked iRacing for the following information: port(s) that it uses and if possible (where applicable) the IP addresses of any central servers the game uses. Once obtained I'll raise a ticket.
btw: I'm using a ZyXEL Prestige 660H-61 router.
During the mornings and afternoons it seems to be ok but in the evenings it becomes unplayable.