cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

game connectivety gone bad

diades

game connectivety gone bad

Hi,
I recently upgraded to an optic fibre connection as it became available in my area, apart from the usual setup glitches -none of which were major - all is fine with nthe exception that the only game that I own and wish to play - Vitual Skipper V has stopped being able to connect online.
The game itself operates offline and no changes have been made to it.  I contacted support and they did their best to aid me but to no avail.  I went to the support forums for the game (originally Nadeo, now Ubisoft) anmd the only thing that was suggested for this problem (in conjunction with an optic fibre changeover) was to check and see if the provider had blacklisted the server for outage problems?  As they had just had an outage I thought that may be wirh pursueing.
If anyone has any thoughts or pointers to help solve this problem I would be grateful.
Thanks,
Keith
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: game connectivety gone bad

Run a wireshark capture for the game and submit it to make sure nothing is wrong http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/ ; Note when doing the capture have nothing else working online while doing it as it just makes the capture bigger.  Start the capture before you start the game and get it to the point it stops working online then stop the capture and use the ticket option for it on the portal
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
diades

Many thanks Gus
I have done as you suggested and tremble with anticipation Smiley
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for running this Keith,
Hopefully we should be able to look into this and confirm if the traffic management is correctly identified for this application.

Cheers,
Adam C
diades

trembling Smiley
diades

My trembling has stopped and all is well, thanks for the help! Smiley
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update and apologies for the delay.
Glad to hear all is now sorted and you're back up and running!
diades

All is good, ask your boss to take you for a beer Smiley