cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fifa 14 fut fibre optic broadband TERRIBLE LAGG!! + trouble connecting pls HELP!

fifa

fifa 14 fut fibre optic broadband TERRIBLE LAGG!! + trouble connecting pls HELP!

hi i have been playing fifa a long time i sighned up to plus net fibre optic thinking it would enhance my gaming experience but if anything has made it worse!! terrible lag so its unplayable trouble matching with oponents my nat type is moderate i contacted support to see how to change it to open because i spent 5 hours in the router trying for them to only tell me they didnt support that..... i have the technicolour router and i have changed to to enable gaming but has made no difference what so ever at times i can spend a hour trying to find a match when i know for a fact there are loads of people looking aswell and having no trouble alot of times when i do finally connect to a oponent the connection is lost with them or the whole game laggs like hell and theres a 3 second delay why am i paying for fibre optic when its worse then the cheap net i use to have!! any HELP would be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: fifa 14 fut fibre optic broadband TERRIBLE LAGG!! + trouble connecting pls HELP!

welcome to the forums Smiley
you might not get very far, this isn't very pleasant reading https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108016.0.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JIO22
Grafter

Re: fifa 14 fut fibre optic broadband TERRIBLE LAGG!! + trouble connecting pls HELP!

Hi fifa,
The link what dvorak has provided was about my troubles with FIFA (my actual thread got joined on about page 3 I think).  As you'll see from reading through the 50 odd pages it caused a lot of frustration and concern.
You can have a read to see how much I tried to get the issue solved, in the end it just did not get resolved and I changed ISP's as a last resort.  I'm not digging at plusnet, as I believe the guys tried to solve this issue with what scope or control they had.  Once I moved I didn't experience the troubles that I had with plusnet.
I've spent countless hours with trying to diagnose and find the cure of these issues with both plusnet and EA, it can become very frustrating if you do go down that road.
Really in truth, fibre should really make a difference, you don't need huge d/load or u/load speeds to play FIFA.  You need stability and a decent ping.  Your troubles with connecting to opponents could well be solved by port forwarding and/or DMZ, have you tried this?  It looks like you have 2 different issues here.  Port forwarding for FIFA will (or should) remove the issues connecting to an opponent at the start of the game.  I would ensure you have this set up correctly first.
The actual lag could be much more difficult to solve, as I did not get to the bottom of this as in my thread above.
You are also probably aware FIFA, and in particular FIFA FUT isn't the most trouble free game and does have it's pit falls/issues at times with it's online functions.  The scale of FUT and the users has gone massive world wide now which has to have an effect.
If you do play FUT it is done via a P2P connection too, just to be mindful of this.
Good luck and I hope you get things sorted pal.
JIO22
Grafter

Really in truth, fibre should really make a difference

Unable to edit post.  Sorry mistake, the above should read - Really in truth, fibre shouldn't really make a difference.