cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cod5 party problems psn please help

davej4908

cod5 party problems psn please help

hi can anyone help me. for sum reason when i get a multiplayer party invite from my friends it doesnt let me connect it just says error server timed out it works with some but most doesn't work.
my connection got relly good when the peaple upstairs internet got dissconected now new peaple moved got internet this has made my internet awful again.
im using a thompson router and my ps3 and router is in the same room now i know nothing about how internet works can someone please help me i dont wont to switch provider but its looking that way. Undecided 
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: cod5 party problems psn please help

Have you got your PS3 in the DMZ of the router? Is it the PN supplied router?
I'd try another router if you can, I haven't had any issues with getting into parties on COD5 or 4.
Will Moderate For Thanks
davej4908

hi yes i do have the pn router im not shure wat u mean by dmz could u tell me thanks
scootie
Grafter

DMZ is away of opening all ports to a certain local IP address on your network IE you want your ps3 to have a static ip address given to it by the router and then DMZ this IP address.
becareful not to allow any PC's to be given the DMZ'ed IP address thoe as you dont want all ports open to a pc. how ever gaming consoles are fine to have fully open and is common place esp for the ps3. i have my xbox in DMZ just for pieace of mind that nothing is bein blocked by the router.
i belive this is the CLI command you need to setup DMZ ip
http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/publicip/cfg/?be=0&l0=3&l1=0&tid=ASSIGN_PUBL_ADDR