cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking ip's out uk

Blim
Grafter

blocking ip's out uk

So I'm going to make a server that blocks IP's outs the uk. I can make a rule that looks like this and will block anything that start with:
86.63.*.*
This is how I get around blocking cheates with a dynamic ip but how do I find out what IP are not UK ones or only UK IP.
So what I need to work out is what range do UK IP's start with?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: blocking ip's out uk

Blim
Grafter

thanks man, thats one big list and thats only uk ip's  Shocked
Razer
Grafter

That's a mammoth and complex task. I'll be surprised if you can achieve it. Wouldn't it be easier for you to simply block the IP of a specific cheater when you encounter them? Why are you only wanting to block non UK IPs? There are plenty of cheaters here. On the note of cheaters, I had the most bizarre one last night. Managed to capture a couple of mins video of it, which I will upload to youtube at some point so others can see them.
Blim
Grafter

This isnt about cheaters but more about low latency old school gaming. It would be one server out of many but the only one thats UK only.
I could do this but it might take me a while.
krs360
Grafter

I block China/Russia/Korea, etc from having any access to my home servers, mainly to prevent automated attacks.. What you want to do is a massive task, and as mentioned maybe best to block on a per-user basis, or even problematic countries. I don't have any issues with Russia but they are also known for cheating.. alot.
Blim
Grafter

Yep couldn't agree more.
What would be nice is if all ip's from say Russia start with 190. then I could add 190.*.*.* and that would block anything starting with 190. But I know its not as simple as that  Crazy
krs360
Grafter

@Blim
What operating system are your gaming servers on?
If it's Linux based, I can link you to a tutorial I've made, should make blocking entire countries fairly easy.