cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best settings for dust 514 PS3

jamesb35760

best settings for dust 514 PS3

Hi im a new customer and always play dust 514 and was wondering how i can better performance and less lag, i have purchased the pro add on. Is there any tips or caps that can be taken off my account? FOR PS3
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: best settings for dust 514 PS3

You shouldn't really need the Pro add-on on the new accounts, did you try without it before adding it to your account?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamesb35760

no i never tried, i just wanted the best speed possible and play online games alot and need top speeds for pc matches in dust 514, whats best for my gaming needs? should i remove add on and go fibre?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Fibre, if available to you, will give you much better speeds. Your current estimate is 8Mb - which should be enough for most games.
Fibre estimates are 76Mb down and 18Mb upstream so you'd certainly notice the difference on FTTC.
jamesb35760

Yh i would b happy if i could get 8 but i dont get that high and my upload speed really slow, think i should be getting better speeds as my old broadband service provider was faster. So is pro add on not worth it with unlimited? i have removed it and today my speed was at 2 on one speed test. plz help and get the best possible speed before i try anything else. thanks. oh yh and my ping is about 45 ms, what should it be at?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your line is erroring quite a bit but I don't that's anything that Interleaving can't fix. Interleaving will probably add a bit more of a delay of your ping too.
I don't think that given the length of your line that we'll get much more speed out of it. The ping you have is about right and exactly what I would expect from a line such as yours.
If there was more I could do to improve it, I certainly would 😕
jamesb35760

soz what you mean erroring? and do i have to fix anything?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When your Signal to Noise Ratio is low on your line or if Interleaving isn't on, errors can appear on your line.
Errors are generally caused by dropped data packets or data packets not reaching the intended destination. Turning Interleaving on would clear these errors up and Interleaving has the job of giving the Data Packets a bit more 'wrapping up' to ensure they get delivered. The downside to Interleaving is that it takes more time for the Data Packet to be wrapped up which is why your latency is increased.
There's nothing you need to do from your end. What we can do is;
- Leave your line as it is
- Apply Interleaving which will increase latency but may give you an overall improvement in service
- Look at potentially ordering Fibre to the Cabinet