cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best set up for PS3

silverstream
Dabbler

best set up for PS3

Hi all I'm new here and I am geting my broadband switched to PN on tuesday (got realy hacked off with tiscali speeds and high pings at peek times)
my question is this,
I have always manuly set up my IP address for my Ps3 and placed it in the DMZ of the router but are  there any other settings for ps3 or router to enable me  to get the best out of my new conection
cheers in advance for any replies
silver Smiley
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: best set up for PS3

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Use an ethernet cable to connect your PS3 to your router.
When you have switched and if your connection looks like it will be ok without it get interleaving switched off, help reduce your pings.
Other than that you should be good to go  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo

Or if that isn't possible use Homeplugs.
I haven't got our PS3 in the Router's DMZ - I've just enabled UPnP and it works fine.
Bob
silverstream
Dabbler

Quote from: adiewoo
Hi and welcome to the forums.
When you have switched and if your connection looks like it will be ok without it get interleaving switched off, help reduce your pings.
Other than that you should be good to go  Smiley

Thanks for your replies,
Quick question about the above regarding interleaving what problems might this cause if switched off and will it make that much deference, at the moment with my old provider i get a ping of about 65ms to 75ms
also is it best to use the Thompson router supplied by plusnet or stick to the Belkin one i all ready use,
sorry to ask stupid questions
cheers silver
bobboulby
Grafter

It depends on the quality of your line. If you have a poor quality line then turning interleaving off my cause problems. If your line is of good quality then turning it off will improve your pings and there shouldn't be any downside.
Can you post your router statistics so we can judge.
I'm sorry I have no experience of Belkin Routers so I can't really comment on the Belkin vs. Thompson question.
Bob
silverstream
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply by the stats i asume you meen as in the atached pic
adie:quote

scootie
Grafter

be fine to turn interleaving off on your line as you seem to live in the BT exchange with an that atten
silverstream
Dabbler

cheers for that and the exchange is under a mile away  Smiley
adie:quote
silverstream
Dabbler

Quote from: silverstream

I have always manuly set up my IP address for my Ps3 and placed it in the DMZ of the router but are  there any other settings for ps3 or router to enable me  to get the best out of my new conection

i mentioned earler i always put my ps3 in the DMZ of the router having just recevied the thompson router from plus net and having a quick look at it anyone know how to put the ps3 in DMZ on this one,
I can't seem to find an option for it,
No probs if you can't do this with the thompson ill just carry on using my Belkin one as it is already set up for my home network.
sorry again for asking more stupid questions  Roll_eyes
silver Smiley
scootie
Grafter

thats what wolf is trying to find out to do in this thread that you have been active in sliver Wink
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75917.16.html
silverstream
Dabbler

noticed that after i posted how to set up the Belkin one hopefully someone will be along with an answer before to long  Smiley