cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bandwith usage xbox

scootie
Grafter

bandwith usage xbox

can any one tell me a ball park figure of how many hours uses what amount of bandwith playing xbox games.
would be helpful.
thinking of getin bac in to xbox gaming an want to know if to move to a unlimted deal or to stick usage limits.
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: bandwith usage xbox

Hi there,
Depending on the game, you would probably be looking at a ballpark figure of around 50MB per hour.
scootie
Grafter

thank u jamessh.
would b nice to hear from a none plus net staff member on this matter as they would hav no motvie to keep me on plus net.
zubel
Community Veteran

Not a direct comparison, but I have two computers that run World of Warcraft from 18.00-00.00 weekdays, and 10.00-00.00 at weekends, pretty much every day.
Average usage on my account is between 200-300mb/day, which equates to 50mb/h  This includes two Teamspeak clients running.
I can't see that an Xbox would be more than this.
B.
James
Grafter

Scootie,
My answer came striaght from google, so not a personal opinion, but merely an answer I got from using a search engine Smiley
Besides, I'd certainly have nothing to gain from lying to you!
scootie
Grafter

no probs jamesh. just bein messed about by plus net start of this month due to them not resetin my usage and still cant see how much i hav used coz usage page is still counting last months usage. got a limit of 2gb but it says i have used 2.10gb so no i idea how much i have used since 2nd of this month. and not getin very quick responces to my ticket questions ie more than 24hours.
so appoliges to u
James
Grafter

No offence taken Smiley
I think I had a quick look at your account yesterday and asked Dave to try to sort things out for you.  Given that you account is currently showing zero usage, I reckon he might have sorted it.  Let me know if it's still showing no usage tomorrow and I'll get someone onto it.
scootie
Grafter

cheers jamessh yeah today it says no usage information is avelable so something is happening in the right direction.
leave a quick note tomoz say if its sorted.
back to the start of this topic iam now wondering if i will need to invest in a new router to get an xbox connected.
currnetly got the free voyager 210 router.
done abit of googlein but it dont say owt bout my router jus that bt routers r genaraly o.k
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Are you connecting your router to the computer by USB?
If so, you could connect the XBOX to the router using an ethernet cable (if they're close enough to each other).
scootie
Grafter

yep i iam using usb for p.c tryed ethernet other day and cant get that to work on the p.c.
as for xbox my router is at the other end of the room to the t.v with no options to move the 2.
had a quick look for long usb or ethernet cables but max was 3meters and im not a big fan of wireless routers.
hav u any knowledge of long ethernet or usb cables over 10m probally would do.
James
Grafter

You shouldn't have any issues using a 30 foot CAT5E ethernet cable.