cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any one else getting bad ping times?

AndyH
Grafter

Re: any one else getting bad ping times?

Which gaming site have your pings increased to? Can you post an IP?
I don't think you can tell if there's interleaving on your line (other that speculating over the ping times), you need someone from PN to tell you.
ghos7em1
Grafter

i only ping speedtest.net m8 there is another way to find out but you have to do something to modem  Shocked
AndyH
Grafter

You can hack the HG612 modem - but it's done at your own risk. You could also use your own modem if it will supply the line stats.
11 to 28ms is indicative of interleaving though. But a traceroute/ping to your gaming server is preferred.
JTaylor
Grafter

Hey Ghos7em1
Just been having a glance over your account to see what could be causing your issue and I can see you are getting a lot of drops in your connection.
Although pings of 11 and 28 are really good, I have to back Gus up on this one, your line is not running as it should.
This is either because you're resetting your router frequently or there is something more sinister. I would advise going through the checks on faults.plus.net and raising this to us if you see no improvement as I can see this has been going on for a while but you haven't chased this up with us.
Hope this helps!
ghos7em1
Grafter

think my connection is on the up Grin ip profile shot up from 56 meg to 77.4.in less then a week.will i be moved back to fast path now my connection is better?
AndyH
Grafter

More than likely - how is your gaming? what are your pings like to bbc.co.uk?
ghos7em1
Grafter

not been gaming last 4 days but will test it out oh and ping to bbc is 19ms