cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced warfare lag issues

speedy001
Dabbler

advanced warfare lag issues

as the title says im having major lag on advanced warfare all other games have little or no lag destiny/ghosts other online mp games etc heres my set up atm :-
ps4 wired , console nat type 2
advanced warfare nat type open
router netgear n150 model wnr1000v3 it checks for updates upon log in and there are none atm
also on fttc
and using homeplug as the router is 2 floors below the ps4
everyone else i play with has no problems what so ever but im just lagging like mad i fire a gun and it stutters and stops firing then starts again by which time im dead !.
i have ran speed test on my pc and that gave me just shy of 37mbps down and just shy of 10mbps up with 11ms ping
its making the game at times unplayable , everyone i have asked says with an open port i shouldnt need port forwarding and i shouldnt be having any problems at all but i am no matter what time of day i play  Angry
any advice / ideas welcome
26 REPLIES 26
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: advanced warfare lag issues

It uses peer to peer hosting, there are No dedicated servers.  So yes its going to lag if you are dependant on someones DSL connection and laptop that barely runs the game let alone has enough grunt to deal with the extra cpu load that hosting adds
The joys of modern FPS gaming, cash cow franchise that milks you every year.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
speedy001
Dabbler

i know how it works (and as i said im on the ps4) im at a loss to work out why im lagging so much constantly its not now and then its all the time every single game where as the guys i play with (2 of which are with plusnet btw) have no problems what so ever with lag one guy has the exact same set up as me and he has no problems with lag
ghos7em1
Grafter

dont know what setup ur using ie upnp or dmz.for p2p games turn upnp off yes it suppose to help but always causes lag for me on p2p games.use dmz only also turn off spi and sip alg make sure filtering set to open and tick respond to ping.you might need to use ip outside of dhcp range for dmz to work.best settings ive found for netgear routers  Wink
speedy001
Dabbler

unpnp is ticked on the router the ps4 isnt in a dmz the nat settings are correct type 2 console and nat open on the game and iv been told that as my nat is open that thers no point in putting it in a dmz also on the router iv got (the model is listed above) its a lot of fiddling about to get the dmz set up even on portforwarding.com its not exactly clear on what to do ill boot the pc up and turn off unpnp and see what its like for a bit .
as for spi and sip alg and open filtering and ping resopnd no idea what they are and iv not seen anything or settings like that in the router
ghos7em1
Grafter

if you turn upnp off but you dont enable dmz then ur nat wont be open.on router goto wan.there you can change the settings ive suggested.like i said use above settings and lag will be gone Smiley
ghos7em1
Grafter

if you need help setting up dmz tell me your default dhcp range and gateway ip and ill walk you through it.the other settings are under wan setup
speedy001
Dabbler

ha ha just turned it off came back and saw your msg yes my nat has gone from open to moderate and a lot of the lag has now gone (tho thers still some) and the game seems to be running smoother and faster its noticibly different now ill leave it turned off for tonight and try an get my head around this dmz tomorrow thanks for the replies and help
speedy001
Dabbler

no idea where they are or how to find them and when i looked at portforwarding today that just confused me more as there seemed to be bits missing or not clear
ghos7em1
Grafter

moderate nat for some reason gives you a better connection but without open nat you might not be able to connect to friends and get chosen to host.log in to router tomorrow and enable upnp then chose advanced and then wan setup then disable spi and sip alg and change filtering to open and enable respond to ping.then you should get host Smiley
speedy001
Dabbler

will i still have to put it in the dmz if i do that ? .
soz if im sounding thick im one of those ppl thats confused until iv done it once then i know how to do it lol
ghos7em1
Grafter

use either upnp or dmz to get open nat.but changing other settings under wan setup is a must.i had same router as you and got host alot with them setting  Smiley if filtering is secured it will block incoming connection.sip alg not good for gaming.respond to ping on so when gaming server pings you ur router will respond to them and you will get host
speedy001
Dabbler

okay ill try unpnp and go into wan and alter the settings there first time around as thats the easiest one to test/try before i get into the dmz ill let you know how it goes tomorrow.
thank you for your help time and patience  Smiley
speedy001
Dabbler

right iv enabled unpnp disabled sip alg and set respond to ping and set nat filtering to open but theres no setting for spi
speedy001
Dabbler

nope back to the gun stuttering away again  Sad