Did you mean: 

You are all doomed - tempted to put in General Chit Chat but resisted

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You are all doomed - tempted to put in General Chit Chat but resisted

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/329/1051329/computer-games-kill
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/uk-govt-links-games-to-early-death
The UK government's Department of Health has launched an incredible attack on the videogames industry with an advertisement linking the playing of videogames to an "early death".
The poster, also backed by charities including The British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research and Diabetes UK, shows an image of a child sitting on the floor holding a PlayStation controller in one hand, accompanied by the slogan: "Risk an early death, just do nothing."
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: You are all doomed - tempted to put in General Chit Chat but resisted

You can't win... lets keep the yoof off the streets to avoid anti-social behaviour followed swiftly by get outside and play or die  Crazy
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As a parent there are rules in the house and also mine (and my wife's) commitment to help our children be involved in 'other' activities ..  I just need to adhere to the rules for myself now lol
Tyreal74
Grafter

what next, kittens and puppies make you want to kill people?
its just another poor attempt at blaming an industry for obesity, they did similar things saying listening to Marylin Manson would turn you into a psycho path!
Kids wouldnt be in this position if responsible parenting like what CN has said is followed, yes i play alot of games, but i also go for long walks on weekends and make sure i get excercise when i can, any my kids when i have them will be no exception.
i am totally and utterly sick to death of this nanny state saying what we can and cant do and can and cant say (bah bah rainbow sheep anyone?)  games are a recreational activity, which contrary to popular belief encourage social interaction, they should be regulated by parents (that includes the certifactes of games) and it includes the amount of time for playing games.  the Xbox for example has a timer on it in th parental controls.
another example of this is my game guild - Order of the Rose Croix, regularly have real life meetings where beer and food are consumed during a weekend of camping but we also do things like play football and rugby for a laugh.
theres no wonder the government is a laughing stock....
edit: theres also the wii fit and wii in general, you cannot tell me you do not get excercise from playing that, try playing mario and sonic at the olympics....1 hour of that and your dying on your feet, or sweating buckets...
if only nintendo would actually keep up with the demand for the wii fit
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The PS3 site that I'm a member of had a day out last summer in Nottingham. We went karting (as most of us joined the site due to Motorstorm) in the day and then drank loads of beer in the evening, was a real fun day and full of laughs and good memories.  Was funny when we went out for some food in the evening and the waitress asked one of the lads 'so what you all doing here in Nottingham', he couldn't answer as he'd not thought about 'we're all PS3 geeks' lol  BUT when we did explain why we were there they were amazed and could not believe that online gaming can (and does) create communities of people that do actually talk and socialize and even make the effort to have a day out!
scootie
Grafter

get your self an xbox guarantee at least a 2 week vacction each year from gamming why you wait for your console to come back from germany.
surrpised adiweoo didnt sumit that one all ready. getin slow in your mod years  Wink
dvorak

Just giving you all enough rope...  Wink
Customer / Moderator
dvorak

Looks like Sony may sue http://www.psu.com/Sony-contemplating-lawsuit-over-Change4Life-ad-News--a006637-p0.php
Customer / Moderator
scootie
Grafter

what will defence be then humm.
Are users spend so much time trying to connect are ps3 conloses to the internet that they give up and go down the park Grin
Tyreal74
Grafter

I think sony have every right to,
the key point there is
The company who was in charge of the ad, The Gate, did not seek permission from the gaming giant in order to utilize the obvious likeness of its controller

their grounds will probbaly be copyright infringement, as the controller design is trademark of Sony Inc.
To be honest the company who produced the ad the Gate should have known better - i work int he same industry so basically someone really dropped a bollock and thats soemones head as Sony would win if it went to court.  however it will probbaly be an out of court settlement
scootie
Grafter

should'nt sony be aiming the court case at the manufacturer of the copy cat joypad