cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox one nat type

Taz81lm

Xbox one nat type

Both me and my daughter have got xbox ones but our nat type is moderate on both xboxs when we are on together we cant join any multiplayer games ive got the plusnet hub one and dnt know what to do i spoke to customer services online and got told they cant help so hopefully some body here can help me
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Xbox one nat type

Have you considered using IPv6 to overcome the problems with IPv4 NAT ?

YouTube video - IPv4 and IPv6 on Xbox One Explained!

If you don't already have IPv6, then I can recommend the Hurricane Electric FREE IPv6 Tunnel Broker.

I have used that for about five years, all you need to do is sign up for a free account, and then copy the settings into any decent router that supports 6in4 IPv6 tunnels, and your home network will become IPv6 enabled.

You will also need a static IP address on your Plusnet account, which if you don't already have, will be a single payment of £5.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Maybe customer services could of at least pointed you towards this thread on their forum. Hope it helps  https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Plusnet-Routers-and-Port-Forwarding/td-p/1307971

Edit: or maybe customer services couldn't help as port forwarding is not " officially " supported. Nevertheless I hope the link or Niburu's post helps. 

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Taz81lm

Thank you both will try and see what happens