cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox one cant connect wired

Jaycenes

Xbox one cant connect wired

Connecting wireless on my xbox one is perfectly fine but when i try and connect wired it simply will not work, always says something  about being unable to connect with static IP and asks me to reboot router, which never works. Im assuming i have the most recent Plus-net router as i have only just changed over from sky. 

Any tips or tricks to connecting wired would be appreciated 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Kp2

Re: Xbox one cant connect wired

I also have issues connecting with wired connection. Wireless connects fine. Mine says can't connect to DHCP server
Jaycenes

Re: Xbox one cant connect wired

Im not sure if mine was an accidental fix, but i was trying multiple things at the time so i cant be sure if this will work. but from what i gather its an xbox issue not the router. 

i was trying to set up a static IP on my xbox  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVInhZWK_pQ  (video tutorial on static IP) anyway it didn't seem to work for me but what i found was after id switched to manual IP and DNS to set it up and then subsequently changed it back to automatic IP and automatic DNS on xbox settings it seemed to connect, iv been connected perfectly ever since.

i hope this helps, follow the static IP tutorial as that might work for you, but if not then just do as i did and swap it back to Automatic. have a play around and sometimes the answer finds itself lol

good luck Smiley