cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live

samuria
Grafter

Xbox live

My son has just got a xbox360 and gone onto xbox live no problem. THE XBOX is in the dmz zone. He cant sign into msn on his xbox it picks up all his friends and logs him out of his pc but wont connect no error message just say cant connect.
Any idea?
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Xbox live

I don't think you should need the XBOX in the DMZ.
It should just be plug and play (like mine!).
samuria
Grafter

Some of the games dont work if its not in the dmz like the skateboarding ones, it was simpler than trying to forward lots of ports. With it the games skate games work without some dont work. It shouldnt effect MSN
scootie
Grafter

i run mine in DMZ untill the day comes that some clever kid learns how to attack them.
how long have you had the xbox as when i first set mine up to use msn live the first 2-3days it would not sign in but going to the pc all worked as normal.
any way after 2-3 days it came to life.
he hasnt tried changing the live account thats paired with his gamer tag? i did this also once and the same happend i think it was 1 day before it would let me log into messenger
dont even waste your time ringing xbox CS with problems about messenger they just point you towards  messenger help  Angry
samuria
Grafter

I just thought we have 2 xboxs both have different accounts  it doesnt log the ip address for msn does it and getting confused. The othe rlads which did work and he has had his for a while now wont sign in since the second son got his xbox
scootie
Grafter

my friend has 3 runing at same time fine.
The othe rlads which did work and he has had his for a while now wont sign in since the second son got his xbox

but this points towards there being a conflict some where on the home network or xbl.
have you tried taking them out of dmz and setting port forward rules up for them both.
3074 both udp and tcp
88(which is messenger i think) udp
clockley
Grafter

What you are describing sounds like the email address or password is incorrect.  My XBox got nicked last year, so to stop them hammering my Microsoft Points, I changed my hotmail password (as they are linked), but forgot about this when I replaced the XBox, and couldn't work out for days why I couldn't connect.  Schoolboy error Cheesy