cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live update problem with new Xbox

matthaley

Xbox live update problem with new Xbox

Hi,
I have just got a new xbox and frustratingly can not update thus not being able to go online.  It seems to update for roughly 5 mins before an status error code of 3524-0000-3080-0506-8007.  I previously had the old version of xbox 360 and rarely had a problem (apart from the NAT, this is another story).  I have entered the xbox's mac and IP address in the game and application sharing on the router but to no avail.  I have searched the net high and low and the problems seems frequent, however no resolution.
I have tried to update my firmware on the thomson tg585v8 router but the files are in .bin format and not exe so not sure how to open those.
Any help appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Xbox live update problem with new Xbox

May be best to raise this issue on the xbox.com/support site as they may be able to offer some advice.
Other than that i take it when you run the connection test that it connects to xbox live fine? If this is ok then its more than likely some issue that Plusnet may not be able to help with.
Also if connecting wirelessly, try wired if possible to reduce the chance of failure.
Have you tried clearing the cache on the xbox which should hopefully start the update from scratch?
Sorry can't be more help, hope you get it sorted.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, in order to apply the .bin files to the router you need the update utility which you can grab (along with the firmware files) from our library here: http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/how-to-upgradedowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7...
Regarding the error code, looks from a quick google like it's a problem downloading the update which should hopefully be fixed with the updated firmware. Please make sure you get the latest firmware for your version of the router though as there's updates for both the v7 and the v8 on that page.
Hope that helps.
Mathias
Grafter

Thanks for this link Matt, didn't know we were allowed to flash newer firmware. May give this a go at the weekend. Hope it solves my disconnect issues when using homeplugs to xbox live (occurs when trying to download updates/DLC or watching videos e.g. spotlight channel).
Cheers.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI matthaley,
I could upgrade that remotely for you. The router would be off for about 10 minutes while the upgrade took place, so if you let me know when it's convenient I'll do it.
Jojo Smiley