cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live disconnects on homeplugs

Mathias
Grafter

Xbox live disconnects on homeplugs

Have recently bought the 7dayshop200mbps homeplugs.
I use one on the first floor connected to the router (thompson 585v7), which is plugged into the socket next to it.
I then have the other plug on the second floor in the wall and connected to thexbox. The socket next to it i have a surge protected 6 plug adapter for the tv, xbox, sound system, av unit, pc.
The plugs work well most of the time and i get less noticeable lag and no buffering for videos, which i sometimes got when using thewireless adapter on the xbox.
Unfortunately i get repeated disconnects from xbox live service but it seems to be very specific. They only seem to occur when trying to watch/stream videos or less frequently when downloading updates/new content. When normally playing games even online it works perfectly fine with no disconnections. Played Black ops for 4 hours straight with no disconnects.
However as soon as i try and watch a video (from say the spotlight section) it disconnects from live immediately. It is possible to connect back to live straight away so it's not like the router drops connection.
I even downloaded the video (e.g. the MW3 weapon progression vid) and when i try to watch it disconnects again.
Why is watching video causing a disconnect? I don't understand since it works fine when playing games. Can anyone help?
Have tried disabling and enabling Upnp and there is no difference. I have the xbox in a DMZ so all ports are accessible.
1 REPLY 1
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Xbox live disconnects on homeplugs

Anyone any ideas, i appreciate it's not a fault with Plusnet, but i thought i would try here in case anyone had come across it before?
Have also posted on the xbox forums, as it's likely to be a Live issue or maybe an issue with the homeplugs.
Unfortunately i can see this being something that gets blamed on the "other" company as no one will take the responsibility for it.