cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live disconnecting - Help anybody!

tyka

Xbox live disconnecting - Help anybody!

Can anybody help me with a Xbox live problem? My sons xbox live has recently decided not to connect to the internet.  We have carried out all the console tests and wireless signal  is strong - connecting to internet - then not connecting to live (console messages have advised ISP may be blocking or MTU may need increasing, check ports etc).  I have tried all the command prompts i.e. check port 3074, MTU settings as suggested but unfortunately to no avail. Plusnet have advised that XBOX live is not blocked and am therefore at a loss as to what to try next.
We recently changed phone company (still with a BT line) and am wondering if this could of caused the connection problems as it happened around the same time.  I am not a computer whizz so am unsure if my PC is set correctly. The router is not showing on my pc network settings but does show on my lap-top? Perhaps i am just hoping this could be the problem. Any advice would be so gratefully received.  Thank you.
I have a Thomson router TG585v7
5 REPLIES 5
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Xbox live disconnecting - Help anybody!

Hi Tyka.
This is probably not the case, but are you sure your lad hasen't been modifying his xbox/games at all, because microsoft will block the console from accessing xbox live without any explanation/warning.
My lad recently had his xbox blocked for modifying games.... he said he didn't realise cheating would get him blocked!
Just a thought!
tyka

Thanks for the suggestion.  My son wouldn't know where to start modiflying games etc. however, he did advise he was playing with somebody that was modded  (if that is the correct word). Would a warning not come up on your xbox that you have been banned and the timescale? Is there anyway of finding this out from the status codes?
Any tips or advice, gratefully received. 
Steve
Seasoned Pro

If he was playing with someone who modded then he could possibly be banned, You are best to contact XBLPET (xbox live policy enforcement team )for more on this matter. You can get In touch and find out If the console Is banned by raising your concerns here...
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
tyka

Thanks Steve. I have e-mailed them. I wish there was a web-site which showed exactly what all the status codes mean.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

There Is somewhere Its just hard to find It as xbox website has been overhauled as of late. Here Is a good site that might also be helpful  http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=19&sid=8f8c101374bfc9112dc33f57df678dd4
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.