Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox and Xbox3 Question

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Xbox and Xbox3 Question

My nepthew wants to play 1 game on both his xbox and his xbox360 at the same time, he said he contacted xbox live support who told him he had to open some ports to allow him to use both console for one game.

Ive no idea about this stuff so im wondering if anyone can help Wink

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Xbox and Xbox3 Question

@St3 - I don't know how true that information is, so may be pertinent to Plusnet or other types of router. My sons have XBox, XBox One, PS3 / 4 and they can play them in any combination they want, they can even play in the same game on the the same consoles (i.e. 2 x PS4) and I have never needed to open any ports for this to work.

St3
Aspiring Champion

ok thanks for the info @Anonymous Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@St3, further to the above. If your son has invited a friend round to play the same game on his two consoles then he will need to have two copies of the game CD and (I suspect) two Xbox Live logins as well.

Microsoft must know that there will be families with multiple console and these consoles can and will be used at the same time. So you need to ask your son what he actually means when he says it doesn’t work and getting any error codes / messages as well.

St3
Aspiring Champion

its my nepthew ill have to speak with him again.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

@St3

did you get this resolved ?

I use upnp on my network and let the router assign virtual server as required, I have people using both the xbox 360 and the xbone to play the same games (multiple copies) and it works fine about the only thing I've ever done that might be somewhat odd was to assign static ip addresses outside the routers normal range...

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Anonymous
Not applicable

@St3 - I'll second @nanotm's question.

But for what it's worth, I don't use UPnP on my router, never have and probably never will, everything has always worked as I've expected it to.

St3
Aspiring Champion

Hi lads my nepthew never asked again so i didnt look anymore into it. He is now talking about this new xbox that comes later this year .... lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@St3 - Well it's due for release on the 7th Nov, so that will give him plenty time to save his contribution to the cost. Grin

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

ineed I wonder if its actually worth being an early adopter they haven't mentioned if it will also run the 360 games that have slowly been getting refreshed or if it will just be about new games in higher resolutions .... also who needs 4k minecraft, its nasty graphics already remind me of 1980's arcade games I don't need to see more of it.....

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you