cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox, Playstation or PC? (What do you prefer)

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Xbox, Playstation or PC? (What do you prefer)

Right guys, let's keep the 'flame wars' out of here. The ultimate gaming question that separates all us gamers, as your console of choice equals your identity it seems lool Cheesy

For me, I will choose my Xbox over PlayStation any day. I appreciate PC games/gamers but I find it 'too much' or costly to operate with you needing up to date graphics cards and equipment.

But I am not going to be here saying Xbox is better, it's the console I prefer. Reason being, it has my two favorite video games series of all time - Halo & Gears of War. Although I will admit the last Halo was appalling and Gears 4 was decent but not 'epic'.

I do envy PS4 exclusives. I mean God of War 4, I always loved the God of War series, it sucks that I cannot play it Sad

Plus with Games like Horizon, Last of Us, Uncharted, etc. PlayStation has a lot more great title exclusives atm.

But it is still no Halo Roll_eyes

In terms of PC, I was a huge Age of Empires fan. Last PC game I truly played was Crysis, I feel recently all good PC games you can just find on consoles. I do not imagine me spending alot of invested time in games like Warcraft and Leagues of Legend.

So people, what is your console choice and why? Tongue

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Xbox, Playstation or PC? (What do you prefer)

For me, I’d like to play more games but I can’t as the motion makes me ill such as you see in WoW for example. I do own a PS4 Pro that I bought to play ‘The Vanishing of Ethan Carter’ but I’ve not played it or even turned it on since I nearly ended up with my underwear full of chocolate nuggets having suffered a jump scare from some old miner.

I like to 'play' games like The Room (iOS) series and games of that ilk but they virtually non existent on PS4, Xbox or the PC. However, if I could play the 'original' of Space Invaders without having to faff about with emulators then I’d do that.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Has to be PC for me Smiley 

My son has a PS4 but he even Hijacks my PC to show his mates how good it is Cheesy

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I'm all about PC

Give me WoW classic, now, please!!!!! 

That being said anyone that has ever met me will know I'm a HUUUUGE Legend of Zelda fan and that means that I always have to have whatever Nintendo console is out, just for that.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
feeps
Grafter

I own a PC and an Xbox 360 500GB 'E', Xbox One S 500TB , Nintendo Switch and I did have a PS4 for a while, so I can say that I am not committed to one brand.

Lets start with the PS4, after owning a PS1 / PS2 / PS3 for their full life cycle the PS4 was a disappointment for me. I just had no interest in the catalogue of games, I was holding out for a proper Gran Turismo (sold before it was announced) so just traded it in. The OS, the GUI was just sub par and awkward to navigate.

Nintendo Switch, what a pile of mobile ported poop. Other than Zelda and nintendo's AAA catalogue, 90% of the games on the e-Store are just mobile ports at stupidly high prices. Bomber Crew was a cheap pick up at £5.99 when on sale, was fun as a pick up and put down game and at the correct price point. But even with such a pixelart game, in handheld mode, the console struggles with FPS. The OS is simple, e-store simple, plus points, but then the adding of friends, what a pain in the [-Censored-] that is. Whoever thought that was a good implementation needed shooting. The main bad thing being the overpriced games esp for the mobile ports.

Xbox One S, had an Xbox One Day One before hand, so the refreshed smaller console I forked out for. Having owned an Xbox and Xbox 360 Elite in the past, and also still owning a Xbox 360 E 500GB model. The 360 for me came 2nd place to the PS3, the first itterations of the GUI were horrible, being replaced by something mildly better later into its life. If games came to both Xbox 360 / PS3, the PS3 version was bought. Roll onto Nov 2013, I picked up an Xbox One Day One edition and from the start, it felt like a proper GUI. Forza 5 was my game of choice and was stunning to play. Loved the store, the OS and its GUI, I entered into the Insider preview program, tested out a lot of new features over the years, the biggest one being the backwards compatibility. I now have Xbox One S, the console still gets played now and then as my little man is now getting older (3.5yr) so understands what is going on the screen and his choice of button presses. We usually play Disney Infinity or Power Rangers Grin

I still think the Xbox has the better GUI and features (Xbox Play Anywhere, Backwards Compat, Cross Platform Multiplayer etc) in this generation of consoles even though it now doesn't get used much.

For me, I am a PC gamer at heart and usually spend a small fortune every few years to update to something that will last.

It is costly, but seeing Forza 7 on both Xbox / PC I can see the PC is a few levels up in terms of graphical quality and smoothness, 100fps vs 60fps. It is still hands down the best platform for any FPS, engaging in 64 player BF5 is a beautiful thing to behold. Because of competition on the selling platforms drives down cost of games being sold, cdkey websites usually undercutting Steam, even when the games on sale. The platform usually shows what DIGITAL games should cost, with no manufacturing and shipping overheads, passing on the cost to the end consumer. So with the better (looking and cost) games, better usability, the PC is gaming platform of choice for me.

Bring on 2019 with The Division 2 / Rainbow 6 Year 4 / BF5 content. 

Geek, Photographer, Gamer.
Carl_Wheezer

I prefer the Ouya

JimmyNeutron

I Agree although the SoljaGame has some classic games

Hugh_Neutron

Come on Jimmy you know thats [-Censored-]

JimmyNeutron

Daaad Get out of here

Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

For multiplayer XBox One and PS4 is best.

While PC is free online, and I really hate console fees, the games are full of hackers with aimbots and other cheats.

FoxMulder

PC for me.

Some graphics are worth dying for.