cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Online Gaming Problems

freefall

Xbox Online Gaming Problems

Hello All,
New to the forums and im in need of some help.
Got my Xbox 360 Elite (WOOT!) a couple of weeks ago and everything has been fine with it until i play online. My mum tells me that we're on the option 3 package (don't know which one that is exactely) and we've got a philips 6500 router i think. I've got the Xbox plugged straight into the router.
The first problem is that Xbox Live disconnects every 5 minutes or so. I've tried putting the network settings on automatic and manual but it doesnt seem to make any difference. When putting it on manual i have forwarded the neccessary ports but again it doesn't seem that works. Any suggestions?
Also when playing Call Of Duty 4 online, i play a couple of games fine but when wanting to go back to the main party menu i get a message saying. " You must have an active network to play COD4 online." When pressing the main Xbox button on the controller i see that i am still connected to Xbox live  Huh  So i sign out and sign back in and my rank has been reset. I have lost all my perks  and new unlocks. This is continually happening and im getting really frustrated about it.
So please if you have any ideas or suggestions about how to fix this i would be very very happy.
Thank you
FreeFall
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Xbox Online Gaming Problems

Hi Freefall,
Good choice of console Wink I had the same (first gen of the elites tho) until it red ringed Sad
I'm not familiar with that type of router TBH, however the first thing you may want to check is that UPnP is enabled on there. You might want to check over the port forwarding guides for xbox gaming to check that it's set up correctly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
freefall

Thanks Chris for getting back to me so quickly =D
I've checked the port fowarding and everything is correct. And UPnP is enabled.
I'm glad to say that Xbox live does not cut out anymore =D however saying this i still get the same message when playing COD4. I don't know whether this has anything to do with my internet connection or if it is something to do with Activison/Microsoft.
Really hope i can get this fixed as it's the only game i have trouble playing online with.
ANY suggestions are worth a try so keep posting them please =D. Thank you
FreeFall

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Well I would test COD4 out myself and see if I get the same problems, but my XBOX is currently winging it's way to Frankfurt to be fixed. If possible I'd suggest seeing if you can borrow a router from a friend etc, configure it for your connection settings and see if you get the same errors then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spuggy
Dabbler

Dont know wether it's related, but the COD servers for PS3 have been all over the place for the last week.  You may find that it sorts itself out soon, normally does.
freefall

Ok cheers ys. I'll probably do what Chris has suggested and nick my mates router. That may be the problem as i don't know whether its compatible with the Xbox (should be)
I'll test it out and get back to you.
Also many people have been having this problem and to my knowledge Infinty Ward are bringing out a new patch i think. It may sort it out and i jolly well hope so.
Thank you all =D
Grff
Grafter

I've had that once or twice on my 360.  (Netgear router, but don't think that's the problem)
What I do is to come out of the multiplayer back to the main menu, then go back in, and it's usually ok. Smiley