cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One, wierd update problems

SteadVex
Grafter

Xbox One, wierd update problems

just wondering, does anyone else here have trouble updating their xbox one?
for some reason, everytime it gets to 74% download speed just grinds to a halt, literally to a couple of kb/s from the full speed of the line, reboot router, xbox picks up connection and downloads full whack again
I haven't got it to always on as I don't like leaving devices powered up just to update, wouldn't mind so much if it used hardly any power but xbox instant on isn't well known for low power useage.
using openDNS servers speed up xbox game downloads crazily, with PN dns it seems to max out around 12mb/s, with openDNS for some reason game downloads at max line speed, but I still get this weird update issue
i'm guessing its not plusnet, I don't know anyone else on plusnet tho, and no one else I know has the same problem
3 REPLIES 3
legume
Rising Star

Re: Xbox One, wierd update problems

I don't know what it is, but our xb ones all did it on the last update.
Mathias
Grafter

Happened to me last xbox one update (not sure at what percentage, but was around the 80% mark). I didn't reboot router, i just waited it out and after a couple of minutes the speed picked back up again and finished the rest of the download within seconds.
I have PN fibre at 40mbps down and 20 mpbs up and get close to that with ping at 15ms. I use OpenDNS too.
Don't seem to have any issues with downloading games on the xbox or online gaming, so will put it down to a blip in the xbox update
SteadVex
Grafter

glad to see i'm not the only one!
thought it might of just been my xbox, ditto tho, game downloads are fine